Saturday, 1 June 2013

A quick catch up......

Hello friends!!
Just thought I would check in to say a big HELLO
Have you missed me?? I've missed YOU!
I had a few e-mails asking where I've been,
well.......
I took a couple of weeks off to enjoy a fabulous family trip
to the BIG APPLE
we had the best time!
I think I've  actually overcome my fear of heights!
this was my view from our hotel.........and yes it was high!
I was in charge of map reading and directions!
Lets just say we took quite a few detours......
I was thrilled to met up with my gorgeous friend Marjie Kemper
here we are at Grand Central station with our moustaches! 


Marjie took us to some really cool places...... we went to the flea markets at Hells kitchen
Oh My Word they had so much stuff I needed, wanted .......had to have! 
But sadly I had a weight restriction in my suitcase......I will bring a spare next time!
We then headed to FAO  Schwarz toy store!
this store was totally amazing!!
 I got to play the Big Piano from the movie BIG
that made my day!
Then me and Marjie had to give Liberty a little makeover!
(So rude not too!) 

We then headed over to The Ink Pad to give my credit card a workout! 
We shopped, shopped some more and shopped!
I was soooo happy to find a copy of Somerset Gallery Magazine
I found my CHA piece had been published so had to squeal lots! 
A huge thank you to Marjie for meeting up with us, 
we had so much fun, talked tons, laughed really hard and got into lots of mischief!
After saying a sad farewell to Marjie 

we headed out to find The Tinsel Trading Company
but when we got there it was closed........
But that didn't stop us we decided to make a quick stop before we headed to the airport and I'm sooooo glad we did........
The shop is a treasure trove of vintage findings, trimmings, lace........ 
It really is a fabulous store!
Here's some photos from inside the store




One really cool place......I think I need to re-visit it soon!
So that's where I've been......
it really has been a blast!

Thanks for popping by
its good to be back in my shed creating 
hope to share what I've been making soon 

Have a lovely weekend 

Kaz x






18 comments:

  1. So happy to hear about your fab trip to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on some more shopping places to discover next time I'm across the pond!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks like you had a ball. Looking forward to seeing what you create with all your purchases. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Looks like you all had a ball. We all missed you though, your little shed has been missed. Looking forward to seeing your latest creations with all your new purchases from The Ink Pad :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fantastic holiday!! Soooooo jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous!! I want to go to NYC just to visit the Ink Pad! And now I've added The Tinsel Trading Co. to my list. :) Terrific photos, glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, love all your shots! Please come back to NY anytime with your gorgeous family... loved spending such a fun day with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe! What fun you have had! Very good to hear! Food for your creative self!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a lot of (shopping) fun. Hope you wil have a save trip home.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed you Kaz, but glad to see Big Apple photo's.
    I have a fear of flying, and it takes a lot to get me on a plane, but this looks like the sort of holiday that could tempt me, looks amazing.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  11. All sounds fantastic! Great shopping tips from you and Marjie too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had an amazing trip. Love Tinsel Trading Company. Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome trip! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to get to Tinsel town and Inky pad...ooh what treasures inside...so glad you had a wonderful time, hard not too as NYC Rocks...if I lived there I would be skint

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you were off doing something fun!! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us...looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a fabulous vacation! So glad that you found so many goodies to take back and that this time your family was able to join you! (Sorry for being so late in getting around to your blog... life has got me running in circles lately!) Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Kaz...looks like you had a fab time in NY and those flea markets looked just where us crafters need to be.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I bet you could go spend crazy there at that flea market. I know I'd go bananas! ha ha. You had such a wonderful trip, it makes me want to go the NYC so much. Never been, but I would love to go. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx