Monday, 3 June 2013

Journal note book



Hello friends
Hope you are all good!
The holidays are over........boo hoo
and its back to pay the bills job tomorrow..... big sigh
and another busy week ahead!

The sun has been shining bright today and after neglecting my shed/blog
I got some much needed inky time...... its been way too long,
it felt so good to be back in my shabby shed creating!

I decided to create a  kind of journal note book thingy
 made up of tags on the outside as well as the
inside to journal quick notes or quotes.

I applied modelling paste through a stencil,
after leaving it to dry I then spritzed with Dylusions inks

I then flicked different colours of the distress paints randomly over the tag
then added some Remnant rub-ons
I tore some cheese cloth and painted it using distress paint 
Lots of sewing of edges using my sewing machine
I then added some layers using smaller tags and added tags to the inside for notes
I added some Idea-ology
and a vintage key from my own stash
I stamped journal using a small alphabet set and applied more rub-ons
The tag was then backed onto some black card to create a cover for the note book
I really enjoyed getting my ink on.....its been so good for the soul!

As always feel free to leave a comment
always great to know you popped by 
Have a really great week!

Kaz x







29 comments:

  1. ...beautiful work Kaz, gorgeous colour palette and love all the textures...Melx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great creation & it's reminded me of some "set aside" projects that are lurking in one of my drawers......MUST do something about them! Thanks for the step by step, I may now get a little further with some of my stuff :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific tag album. I hadn't thought to put texture paste on before colouring, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific tag, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Kaz, glad you got to play in the shed x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tag book, great idea and that cover looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm likin' your 'journal notebook thingy'! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Tag Book Kaz.
    I love making tag books and am running a workshop for my 10 ladies and we are all making one. I will show them your gorgeous tag to give them some inspiration. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is vy beautiful.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kaz,
    This is just awesome, love the colors and all the elements you added.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your litte journal notebook, what a great idea to use tags for this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This just makes me happy! Love the color palette. Clever use of the tags. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun project. I love the color combo and the pinkish cheesecloth is such a great contrast. I want to get some inky fingers going!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous tag!!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coolio :)
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love this little project, and the colours are great, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been playing with modelling paste and stencils too - I even did a YouTube video on it. But I wasn't sure what to do with all the tags I made. I love the way you've added all those extra layers. Might have to dig some out of my stash and play around a bit more to finish them off.

    I'm really good at making backgrounds on tags - then putting them in a pile for 'later'...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! So many cool elements here, Kaz. Could you please pop back over and give me a tute on using my sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely LOVE your vintage tag journal book! You rocked this project! I bet you are feeling pretty good about all of your new finds and can't wait to use them! Hugs and Have a wonderful week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Kaz. Fabulous idea and beautifully decorated.

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. fantabulous tag, love all the details, so much to see and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is very cool Kaz, I love the colour, it's not a colour we see very often, a lovely vintage dark turquoise. The stitching is gorgeous too, love that little shot of pink frayed fabric too. Its wonderful. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks so fun... makes me want to just play ( got a stack of UFO's behind me... been calling me for 2 hours now) ... love the cheesecloth and the stitching, and the stencils and the rub ons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like the effect of the distressed paint over the tags. I really like the vintage key as well, it adds to the look of the journal. My favorite part of this cover is the use of the background color, nice pattern. Sometimes you just have to do what you love.

    My homepage: Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx