Sunday, 20 October 2013

Tag hanging



Hello Friends!!
Hope you are all good!

I've had a busy couple of weeks here.....
catching up with Creative Chemistry 102!!
WOW......What an amazing class!!
Tim is the best teacher....so much information and lots of inspiration!

Then I've been catching up on jobs that really, really needed doing,
some re-decorating, some de junking and I even re-organised my shed.....
I know.....three things that I don't enjoy doing!

So while I was inside my shed I decided to have a dabble with some ink ......
So rude not too.....right?!
I have a lot of people ask me if I only use original photos in my work?
the answer to that is yes I usually do.....
I like to try and give life back to a photo that may of been stuffed away never to be seen again......
plus I really like the look of the original photos.....
But saying that I thought I would try a photo copy so I got scanning!
I scanned the photo onto Rangers Water colour cardstock
and then added some distress inks.....
I added some old vintage lace, some Idea-ology, an old key and the heart was covered in distress embossing powders. 
The background stamps were stamped using Numeric stamps by Tim Holtz 
I stitched around the tag and the photo and got distressing and added some rusty
 wire to create a hanging....
Right its getting  dark and rather chilly here in shedquarters....
time to go indoors!
As always feel free to leave a comment
always great to know you popped by.......

Wishing you a fabulous week!

Kaz 
x
OOoo I nearly forgot
the winner of the layering stencil was picked by Mr Kaz
the winner is......
whooohoo!
(If you drop me your snail mail  Sara I will send your stencil ASAP)





21 comments:

  1. I love how you incorporate so many details and use so many diffident techniques. Your pages are amazing :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your vintage layered pieces Kaz. They are pieced together so beautifully and I adore the images

    TFS and best wishes

    Annie

    Ps I have just started CC102 and it is amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece of work Kaz. Love that image. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally amazing. Adore the image, they are soooo bloomin cute hun. Just wanna pinch their cheeks ;-)
    Loving the numbers in the background and of course all the bits that you just appear to know where to put to get the very best out of them.
    Brilliant. Love it. Hope it's hanging up in your shed? Would look fabaroonie I think amongst all your vintage finds.
    Love Sand. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu put together such fabulous pieces Kaz, I love to see your creations and this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kaz.
    Super hanging. Love the vintage "photo" how sweet is that. The old rusty key is gorgeous too. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your experiment with that photo worked, in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased you have been enjoying CC102...its been marvellous.
    I love this make, I keep looking out for old photos at flea markets and charity shops but they seem to command quite a price at the moment, so scanning may be a good option for the few I have. Thanks for the idea
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally stunning! Great photo (copy or not) and I love all the layers and vintage add - ons, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Kaz, how fabulous! Love all the stitching and metal. I took my machine to the shop for a lesson last month as I am so determined to add stitching to my projects. They were a tad surprised when I pulled out tags, vellum, watercolor paper, etc as my sewing materials. Love your gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. An amazing piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you have layered your tag - really smashing!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this layout, you certainly have an eye for what works, !!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First let me say... "Thank You to Mr. Kaz"!!! I am so excited to get a some mail from across the pond!!! Wooo Hooo!!! Okay, back to your creation Kaz... I love that you try to bring life to those old found photo's! I think if it was worth taking a photograph of... it had to memorable. Kudo's for being so creative! I also loved Tim's CC102... didn't get to devote as much time to it as I would have liked; but I will have access for the rest of my life! Hugs to you and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kaz...absolutely gorgeous! Love everything-the stitching, the numerals, the sweet scanned phitograph. You rock everything you do! Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kaz, gorgeous project - amazing details as always. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous as always Kaz. You are fearless using original photos most of the time. I've used copies of photos of when my grandparents were dating in my work before (in mini books and resin jewellery) and I love the extra connection it gives me. Something about faces in artwork just add something more, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a super cute blog! Found you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So wonderful to see you back! Gorgeous make as well! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx