Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Vintage hanging






Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
Just wanted to share a quickie post with you......
A little vintage hanging.....

As most of you may know
I love to work with old photographs,
I search lots of vintage/ junk places searching for bundles of old photos.....
I just love the buzz of finding them 

 Sometimes a photograph will stand out from the rest......
this is one that did just that...
.
In my last post (here)  I used a scanned copy, 
which gives you the freedom to add different mediums 
directly to the image.
Today I'm using an original photo.....
I wanted to add some gesso to the photo but didn't want to run the risk of ruining the photo,
so I used a memory frame and some memory glass......
I added some gesso to the glass then when dry I scratched away to reveal the photo
underneath....
I added some vintage lace, Idea-ology and some vintage findings 
The background was created using distress inks, gesso and beeswax 
I also added some of the Remnant Rub-ons and tissue tape 

Lots of people ask me if I prefer working on an original photograph or a scanned copy,
I do like to use both ........
like I said before scanned images allow your more freedom.....
but If I had to pick........
it would have to be using an original photograph......
there's just something about it being an original,
which makes it totally unique.


As always feel free to leave a comment,
I really do appreciate you passing by

Have a fabulous week

Kaz
x







10 comments:

  1. Amazing Kaz! Love the scratched off Gesso. Clever girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful sweets. So delicate yet striking at the same time. Love what you did with the photo, brilliant idea.
    Love Sand. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are becoming more and more keepsake incredible Kaz! You need to start mounting them into shadow box frames and selling them! Love your work :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Kaz and realise I need another class with you on creating lovely backgrounds with gesso, paints and wax! Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaz...this is gorgoeus. Lady, you can really do magic with this vintage style! I so love your style and creativity. This little hanging is beautiful! Even the splotted tag in the background looks like it's been in someone's attic for years! :) The layers of papers, lace, metal pieces all work together so perfectly. I love your photo in the frame and the scratched off gesso! That looks really neat. The machine stitching just finishes everything off perfectly. Kaz...your work is truly gorgeous! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Protecting the photo with memory glass to control the gesso edges is genius. I'd usually come up with that idea AFTER I'd already done stuff to the photo. I also love the gesso on the tag - I use a palette knife to get that look. I love the lifts and jumps the knife does as you drag it.

    As always, I love how complex your vintage work is, Kaz. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe Kaz - I just love this - it feels so real (it's the vibe) you've given the delightful old picture a home a truly amazing home full of little treasures as a home would have xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantabuloso, really cool piece of art Kaz, love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layers and adornments. Love it Kaz

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx