Sunday, 12 January 2014

CHA project -Ideaology


Hello friends

Hope you are all good....
I've not been blogging much as Its a busy time
I've been busy creating some samples for
 Tim Holtz for CHA (craft and hobby association Mega show)
which is taking place right now in Anaheim, California.......
It showcases all the craft new releases......
and wow.... there is some amazing new products being released!!

One of my favourite lines is "Ideaology" from Tim Holtz
I'm loving the new "Found relatives" Its a pack of
vintage style photographs, just so cool!
here's how I used one of them.....
I used a burlap canvas and added white gesso
I then took a cabinet card frame and used the reverse to back the image onto 
I also added lots of distressed layers of brown paper, tags and lace
Then I got busy adding lots of Idea-ology, new and old...
The clip is a new Idea-ology addition....... perfect for adding to canvases, cardboard etc..... 
 I LOVE this looking glass and the arrows are super cool!!
  I added the glass to the photo by using a little matte medium to the edges
The word band reads "Live in the moment"so true!! 
I used my sewing machine to add stitching
to the edges.
(The key is not idea-ology its one of my vintage finds)

Hope you like.....as always feel free to leave a comment
always great to know you popped by

to go shopping for all the new releases

I will be back very soon with more makes to share
have a great day!

Kaz x





12 comments:

  1. It's your usual Gorgeousness Kaz!! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, Kaz! Been drooling over some of the art I've seen from the CHA posts, looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, totally stunning. Am so loving those photographs, Sir Tim has done it again, hasnt he? Ooh I really like the looking glass element too. Beautiful creation and as always you know just what to put with what and where.
    Congratulations on having your work showcased in Tim's CHA booth. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE your canvas creation! I can't wait to get those NEW Found Relatives Photo Cards! I love how you added all the extra goodies to your art piece. You are very inspiring! Hope you have a fabulous week! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome Kaz...like always!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this is just fab. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning project Kaz, the vintage photos look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A joy of a make, Kaz - fantastic work with the new products. Found Relatives is definitely high up my (very long) list - love what you've created here.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece Kaz. Love the metal clip and eye glass. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I love how you combine purchased product & found objects. I have one of those clips from an old desk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is spectacular Kaz. Great use of all the individual elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx