Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Burlap Boy....

Hello friends
Hope you are good!
Wow what a busy weekend its been!
 
I'm just back from demo-ing Ranger Products
 at the UK Craft/Hobby and Stitches trade show
it was really, really busy but 
so much fun......
A big thank you to friends new and old,
 for popping by the stand
it was great to catch up with you all
xxx
(special thanks to Jayne and Kathryn for looking after me too!)
 
I came home and I did that thing where I decided to tidy away my kit...
but instead I started to create.....and yes it was a very late
 night and  yes my desk is still a disaster area!
 
I took a 4x6 burlap panel and slapped some modelling paste in random areas 
The Image is a copy of one of my own vintage postcards
I did another image transfer with clear tape.....yes I know I am a little addicted to creating them,
but I so love the effect.
 
I adore Wendy Vecchis new Embossing crackle paste...
this paste is so cool....you literally slap it onto your tag,
allow it to dry and you get these
really cool cracks,
 using a wipe I swiped over some black soot distress ink over the top of the cracks to
define the cracks
....perfect base for me to add my transfer too!
I then set to work adding some stitches, lots of Idea-olgy and more layers 
 The words "Remember this" are Remnant Rub-ons
I also added some tissue tape and an old vintage key from my stash 
I really enjoyed creating this panel.....even if it meant missing out on some sleep!
 
Don't for get that over at the Inspiration Emporium blog their monthly challenge is
Say it with words....hop here to see how to enter
 
As always feel free to leave a comment,
I really do appreciate you passing by!
 
Right I must really tackle the desk of doom....
I may be a while!
Have a great week
 
Kaz
xxx
 
(You can go shopping here Art from the Heart or Inspiration Emporium links below)


16 comments:

  1. Kaz, I know all about the "good intentions" of putting everything up when you get home from demoing! But this little voice says, now it is time to play for yourself... so you go for it! As for the desk of doom... be careful not to get lost to long; I would miss you something terrible!!! HUGS... I hope you have a fabulous day and rest of the week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks fab and love all the details you pack into these pieces x hugsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant - the burlap panels are so wonderful in your hands. Love the stitching and all the amazing detailing - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your missing some sleep seems SO worth it Kaz!! Another beautiful work of art....and hey, you have to chase that mojo while you can because if you ignore it...it comes around less frequently I think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous make....as all of your work is, Kaz. Love the vintageness of this piece! It literally looks like something you dug out of your grandmother's old attic! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb collage of vintage layers Kaz, you have an amazing talent putting all the elements and techniques together in a wonderfully balanced composition and design. Good luck with sorting the desk of doom xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your panel is amazing Kaz. Love the crackle and image with lots of stitches and embellishments

    TFS and I hope you catch up on the sleep

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this panel...... and all the work you create. I need some of that crackle embossing paste!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. The amount of detail in your art is amazing! Love the photo transfer! I must get my hands on some crackle paste!!! Thanks for getting caught up in the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love all the idea-ology goodness going on, and the crackle paste so very cool ... love your "toys" of choice !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where were you at Stitches????? I can't believe I missed you, that is yet another disappointment for me. I was there for two days & missed so many people. I hope you had a great time & this project is yet another stunning work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you do this SO WELL, just SO WELL!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE every layered, stitched, inky, crackly, embellished bit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kaz... Your vintage Tim inspired make is just perfection! I so love how you take his style but make it your own signature look. Just perfection! I also wanted to thank you so much for the lovely comments you left on my blog. They are much appreciated. Love, Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx