Sunday, 23 February 2014

Inspiration Tag

Hello friends
Hope you are all good
Wow...... this month has just flown by......
Whoohoo its nearly March.....
soooo looking forward to the Spring!
 
A quickie post from me today to share this tag hanging
Over at the lovely Inspiration Emporium store,
 their monthly theme is "Show it with words"
you could win $50 Emporium dollars to spend in their store...so why not give it a try
 Here's what I created.......
I took some old cardboard packaging and using a palette knife, I spread lots of embossing paste
very randomly, then when dry I gave it a good splatter with distress paints.
I inked up the tag with distress inks, then used the distress spritzer with a layering stencil.
I added some stitching and repeated the splattering of paint over the tag.
 
I stamped the feather with Archival ink and replaced some of the text using some words from the Idea-ology Chit chat book, which a I sewed into place using my sewing machine
 ( and yes... a steady hand was needed!!)
 
Swoon....That beautiful feather stamp,
has to be one of my favourite stamps at the moment,
 I just love it!
 
As always feel free to leave a comment......I appreciate each and every one!
Have a great week
 
Best Wishes
 
Kaz
x






20 comments:

  1. Ooooh, very very nice. And I do love that feather stamp too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Kaz, I just love the way you've sewn the edge of the white words. Love little quirky details like that. Thank you for your comment too Kaz, it means a lot x Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo gorgeous tag, Kaz. This is my favourite stamp at the moment, it's lush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that feather stamp too! Hope to get it soon. Stunning tag, Kaz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tag Kaz. I love the colour combination and texture. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots going on with this tag, and love the colours. Really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is fabulous Kaz! I love the splattering of colors! It is so much fun to make splatters; isn't it? I love that feather, I will have to take a look at that stamp set!!! I hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super yummy piece. The color is beautiful. I'm with you on the feather stamp. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Kaz, the gorgeous background and colour palette is so springlike and refreshing after all they grey days we have been having and I love the feather. It all looks fabulous on the shabby textured hanging xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag and colours. The stitching detail is fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag, love the subtleness of the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the background of this tag! Artsy and so fun! Great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic tag, I love the layers of paint

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fabulous textures Kaz. great colour combo on the tag....adore the feather stamp.....on my wish list

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of inky fun Kaz...I love your tag and the words are spot on!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tag! I love all the color and texture and of course that lovely feather!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK darlin', I was going through my bookmarks and saw yours, decided to click on it and there is this beautiful tag! Love the layers and feather too. I am going to subscribe to your site so I can look in on your work frequently. Love what you do! Keep up the cool crafts.
    Kathy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey darlin', I was going through my bookmarks and spotted your name. I clicked on it and saw your beautiful tag. LOVE the layers and the feather too! I am subscribing to your site so I can check out your cool projects frequently. Keep up the great crafting.

    Kathy :0D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx