Pages

Monday, 17 March 2014

Guest Designer for Vintage Journey

http://www.vintagejourney.com/
Hello Friends

Hope you are all good!!
Did you get an inky weekend??
I manage a few hours in the shed.....it was perfect!

Today I am so excited to be Guest designer
If you love Vintage/shabby, mixed media, Tim Holtz products and techniques or even fancy taking part in challenge then you need to hop over and pay them a visit.... there's oodles of creative inspiration, ideas and they are just the loveliest of people.....
for even more inspiration you can visit Tims blog here

So here's what I did....
I started with a burlap panel, I cut a piece of paper from the Wallflower paper collection,
I added some stitching to the edges.
For the strip of numbers behind the image I used a strip of manila card, I took some white distress paint and with cut and dry foam I stencilled through the cargo stencil.
When dry I used the spritzer with a black soot distress marker and added some speckles of ink.
The stars are a snippet from the Motif resist paper stash, I added ink using a blending tool and walnut stain distress ink.
I cut out the girl (from the found relative pack) and layered some of the ephemera behind her
I used some rusty wire to create a love heart and stitched under the word "beautiful"
I always like to add some of my own vintage to my makes, so I added some vintage French lace and an old key and button.
The numbers are Remnant Rub-ons
I hope you like my make
As always please feel free to leave a comment, its always great to hear from you!

A huge special thank you to the" Vintage Journey "team for inviting me to be a guest designer....
its been soooo much fun, please don't forget to pop over to their fabulous blog here

Ooo I nearly forgot to announce the winner
 of the giveaway I had on my last post (it was to win a signed copy of Tim's new book)
The winner was choosen by Mr Kaz.........
Congratulations to...

Vonnyw2be

If you contact me I will send the book to you ASAP xx

Have a fabulous week

kaz x



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful panel, Kaz. Love all the little extra touches you did.
    Congrats to the winner of Tim's book! I know she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaz I just love your panel, so full of vintage loveliness and how wonderful to still be using the sewing machine your grandmother taught you to sew on. The little girl found relative is beautiful and the little heart you have given her to hold is a lovely touch. Thank you for sharing this fabulous project with us at A Vintage Journey as our very first guest Creative Guide we are so happy you joined us. Have a great week.
    Hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaz!!! Thsnk you so much for being our very first guest designer at A Vintage Journey! What a way to get started! Your canvas is so amazing! I so love your vintage style. It is such a natural for you and all of your work reflects your love of vintage. This canvas is so sweet. I love how you have cut out the found relative and added the sweet little heart wire. So adorable! The entire piece just makes my heart melt! Love, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous designer piece Kaz. I do love the burlap panel and all the pieces used to create it. Congratulations to the winner of such a great prize. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, all the elements, the layers and the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the layers & vintage. Colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kaz! A big welcome as a GDT for A Vintage Journey and your project is a vintage beauty! I love all the details and the added stitching! Like you, my first love of anything crafty was sewing from an old Singer sewing machine! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great, I shall be popping over to have a look at the Vintage journey blog, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to the winner....love this, the layers and the tactile nature of the fabric and vintage emphemera

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's an absolutely beautiful creation, Kaz - just lovely. Thank you so much for being our first guest at A Vintage Journey - what a thrill to have you with us!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's gorgeous Kaz, I love the contrast between the flowers & all the metal & the little girl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, it has all your trademark skills and just looooks fab! love it! hugs xtrace x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome panel! Love the layers and design! Congrats on the guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful canvas Kaz. Each and every element is gorgeous! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh Kaz! This is brilliant. I've only just purchased the Wallflower collection. This has given me some great ideas for some projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful panel Kaz love the colours. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fabulous, Kaz. Love the pop of yellow amidst all the grungy goodness. Congrats on your GD spot at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly beautiful Kaz. So pleased you were able to join us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kaz! Just a quick stop by to thank you so much for leaving your thoughts about my new challenge post. You Re so sweet! I so appreciate your validating my art as I am such a huge fan of yours!!!! Sending hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx