Tuesday, 16 February 2016

A Vintage Smile




Hello friends
and
Hello February!
Hope you are all well.
I've had some free me time to create today......half term has its perks!

As many of you know I love vintage and I always
try to incorporate some of my vintage finds in my work.

This started out as a plain piece of white card,
I had loads of messy fun building up lots of layers with  papers and stencilling with gesso
I never really know how it will end up.....or how it will come together.
Even when I think its finished,  I look back at the photographs that I've taken to find my OCD
kicks in and think...its missing something and have to add to it!
(and yeah......my OCD kicked in and had to add to this and re-take the shots)

I used lots of vintage papers, deco art gesso and crackle paint.
To colour I used dylusion brown ink, vintage photo distress ink, Lindy's spray (oatmeal),
Paperartsys Fresco paint (taupe)

I also used  some Tim Holtz Idea-ology and some cool images from Tim's ephemera packs  

The photo is an original, I found this one at a local auction
I have suitcases full of other peoples old photos, I always end up buying them as I think its so sad that someone's precious memories could possibly end up in a landfill.....plus I love the finish to them, they just don't develop them like they used to!

I hope you like her, I love her smile!

As always feel free to leave a comment, thank you
so much for your lovely  welcome back comments on my last post
.....its so good to be back!

Have a fabulous week!

Kaz
x

21 comments:

  1. She is lovely and has had beautiful new lease of life. My uncle sadly passed away a few weeks ago and mum asked if I would like anything, my reply was the old family photos. I have fond memories of sitting with my nan and going through her Photo tin when I was a lot younger, there weren't many but the memories and as you say the way they are developed gives them a life of their own. Great project hope to see many more. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you back!!! I love, love your work. Very lovely piece and all the trademarks of your work....Thanks for sharing Kaz your a huge talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's just precious Kaz :D Thanks for sharing :D
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Kaz, welcome back!! When I saw "Little Shabby Shed" in my email I thought it was a fluke. I have miss you and your art. Hope you can continue to post when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see your work again. Are you precious about the vintage photos or do you use originals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, Im not precious I try to use originals whenever I can xx

      Delete
  6. Love this piece of art. Such an adorable little girl, with the sweetest smile. You have given me inspiration how to use some of my Flea market photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's a real cutie, and it is so good to see you back crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful creation, Kaz! Love all the attention to detail. Sooo happy you are creating and blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's gorgeous Kaz, a true piece of art! Bobbi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING! Love all the elements you added (good to have OCD that way), the photo is gorgeous, wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful neutrals, the little lady seems delighted to have found a new home in your art. Great to see this x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your attention to detail. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am so in love with this one!! i would love to find some old pictures like this it is perfect!! and i agree with the finish, beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. J'adore your work ! J'A-DO-RE !

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous make as always , so nice to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply beautiful Kaz. So good to see you blogging and creating again, we've missed you and your vintage art.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That photo looks just like me when I was three ... very long ago ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning project, Kaz, the background looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx