Pages

Friday, 18 March 2016

A Vintage collage



Hello friends

How are you all doing?/
Its Friday...my favourite day!
(Gin and tonic day!)

As you know, I'm an big collector of vintage and I'm always on the look out for
vintage ephemera....
I recently came across some really cool "Sale  Price" tickets
at my local antiques centre....
(I almost broke my neck to get them to the till!)
I couldn't wait to get them home and to use them in some art work....
here's what I did....
I used lots of Tim Holtz ephemera ( expedition pack) some Tim holtz  idea-ology
and some of my own vintage finds....

I layered some of the ephemera on top of a burlap canvas
I also added lots of stitches

The focus is a photo from the "lost relatives" Idea-ology pack and that vintage "sale price"ticket
I added some old rusty wire around the boy and the dog

I LOVE keys and I cant help but add them to my art....
The bulldog clip is very old, I had to be careful with it as it was very rusty

The white background is from Tim's embossed Motif paper stash, painted with gesso,
then wiped off with a wet wipe.
I've also used bunting inked with pumice stone/vintage photo distress inks
I really enjoyed putting this canvas together.
I think I may need another visit to the antique store this weekend!


As always feel free to leave a comment
its great to know you popped by

Have a fabulous weekend!

Kaz
x





14 comments:

  1. I want to go junking with you!!! Great rusted finds, and this piece is FABULOUS!!! I love every bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous Kaz. I love old keys too....have quite a few and can't bring myself to.use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super so where do you go shopping then Mrs
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Kaz A real ideology and ephemera feast for the eyes collaged and designed perfectly . Love all those rusty elements x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speechless! I adore your style! Love the design and the rusty look is fabulosus! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find Kaz, love the tickets and perfect for your fabulous vintage style.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is why I love to follow you Kaz....your vintage collage makes are just the best.....love it x
    Tfs and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds and wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Kaz, love the little circles of rusty wire and those fabulous keys! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. some day i am coming across the pond to play with you if that is okay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just superb Kaz! I love the mix of new and vintage, the rusty wire and torn paper the found relatives are mounted over and all the stitching detail. Actually, I love it all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is outstanding Kaz! I love every inch of this piece! the wire around his face, the vintage keys and sale tickets- yumminess all round!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx