Monday, 14 March 2016

scraps and leftovers...

 Hello friends

Hope you are good....
Many thanks for all the welcome back emails and comments,
its really great to be creating again and its been great to hear from you!

I think I said in my last post that I have moved indoors
to be nearer the radiator ( and the kettle!)
 I've meant to be sorting my desk, finding homes
for my supplies and connecting my computer but as usual
I've  been procrastinating with vintage ephemera and left overs from other makes.

I'm a natural hoarder and never throw anything away even if I've made a huge mistake I just file it into the bag of doom....
So I thought I would challenge myself to make something from that very bag...
The central piece was originally a journal page......I tore it by accident when drying it! doh

through a stencil, when it was dry I sprayed it using Lindys sprays (denim and jack frost)

 I added it to some black card and  added lots of stitches and more layers  
The words are from Tim Holtz Idea-ology words
The back ground is an original Railway receipt from the late 1800`s
I'm always on the look out for vintage ephemera and I love to use it in my makes
The ticket is stamped using this stamp set here

To finish I added some pins and Idea-ology book plate and some miniature bunting
Being a hoarder isn't so bad after all..... it means you can create something out of nothing,
I just need to find more space!
As always feel free to leave a comment.....
great to know you popped by

Now....I really need to finish off what I started.....my desk!
Have a lovely week

Kaz
x


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love he vintage feel and layered elements. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project Kaz! good luck with the desk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of us hoard stuff, some of which never resurfaces again. I'm glad you dived into the 'bag of gloom' as this project looks FABulous with it's vintage and aged objects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Kaz, love the effects you have created. Why is it we all seem to be natural hoarders and have I know I'll need it one day attitude? TFS. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Kaz You nailed the challenge you set yourself - Love the vintage colour tones and expert collaging .
    So glad to see you back doing what you love and are naturally gifted to do .
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, I love the dreamy colours,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just as bad...always save everything because you never know. Gorgeous make...sublime stitching too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx