Saturday, 16 April 2016

A Patchwork of Wildflowers

Hello friends......

Hope you've all had a great week!
its been so nice to see a little sunshine but
I woke up this morning to a blanket of snow!!
Snow in April?! That's crazy!

Anyway I thought I would warm you all up with a patchwork of wildflowers
created with offcuts, leftovers and my very trusty sewing machine!
The backgrounds were created using lots of distress paints and that gorgeous wildflowers stamp set

In the backgrounds I've used the mixed media 2 stamp set along with the halftone and rings set 
I stamped the images using Ranger black archival ink and I added some rub-ons in random places 
(The quote is from the Perspective stamp set) 
Using colour is always a little alien to me as I'm a creature of habit and always reach out for the more subtle vintage tones.....but I have to admit  I've really enjoyed stepping out of my comfort zone 
( plus its used up my off cuts/leftovers!)


As always feel free to leave a comment.....its great to know you popped by!

Have yourselves a great weekend

bye for now

Kaz
 x

6 comments:

  1. wow Kaz, this looks fabulous. Snow in April is unwelcome but not that uncommon; hope it didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have stepped out of your comfort zone beautifully Kaz, the colours are very uplifting and your sewing looks amazing. Just perfect for a Spring day..... snow and all....! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on facebook and thought, "HOLY MAN, who is this incredible artist?" Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx