Pages

Wednesday, 6 April 2016

A Trio of found Relatives


Hello friends!

Hope you are all good!
Its been a busy couple of weeks....I've been busy enjoying the Easter break, some precious family time,  some days out oh and the odd bit of  of vintage shopping (oops! a little too much of that.... shhh!)

Anyway I've managed to get in some inky time....usually late at night when everyone has gone to bed and I eventually get time for me! 
.
I always hate wasting ink  on my heat mat so I always mop it up with tags in the hope I will use them in a project..... well that pile of mop up tags ended up as a big bag of tags, ( I'm such a hoarder!) so I thought I would try and use them in a project......

I started by selecting three different coloured tags 
I then grabbed my favourite Dylusion stencil (dotted flowers) and matched up distress inks to match the colour of the tags. 
I applied distress inks directly onto the stencil, then spritzed with water, this left beads of ink on top of the stencil....I then put my tag to the stencil, pressed down, lifted then dried  the tag with my heat tool.
To highlight the circles I used black pen and I used the new splatter brush to add paint (what a cool brush!)

The images are cut out from the Tim Holtz found relatives and are stuck to the tag using glossy accents
I repeated the process on all three tags.... added some stitching, stamped out a hat and mounted the tags onto black card
The words are from Idea-ology small talk and I've also added some Remnant rub-ons
I hope its inspired you (like me to hoard....) I mean use your mop up tags....
thanks so much for popping by!
As always feel free to leave a comment, always great to know you popped by!

Have a great week

bye for now

Kaz
x


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous tags! Kaz Love the colors , detail , imagery and chitchat which I think covers everything Sorry i waffle aswell as hoard.lol . With inspiration like this I must go attack my tag pile . x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such organic art Kaz, I love it

    You have so much artistic talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking trio!! Love the words you added to each of these found rellies, the background and colours look super too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KAZ, these tags are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful mix of backgrounds and images, love these xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love to see these images with bright bold color...such a fabulous contrast! All three are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kaz, these tags are so colorful and just delightful!! I know the feeling of a pile of "wipe ups" heehee You have inspired me to use up some of my own!!
    Happy Thursday!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning trio of tags Kaz............great idea to use the leftovers...of which I have loads I may add!!! Currently gutting my craft room, which has 20 years of purchased and saved items to recycle......think it might take a wee while !!!

    TFS and hugs
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! You make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx