Pages

Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Dapper chap


Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
A quickie blog post to share this make with you...

I've been really enjoying experimenting with backgrounds using a mixture of Distress crayons, inks and paints
I'm really liking the new flip top lids for distress paints, they give you more control over the amount of paint to use...... a little bit really does go  such a long way!
I'm also loving the new Distress Splatter brush, it gives some really cool splatters to backgrounds.....plus its great fun to use (my phone has a whole new look!)
 
I really wanted to use the "Dapper"Tim Holtz/Stampers anonymous stamp set
so I paired it up with one of my favourite stamps..... Wendy Vecchi/ Stampers Anonymous phrenology head stamp as they compliment each other perfectly!


Lots of Idea-ology Rub-ons, distress crayon colouring and lots of stitching
The hat, shirt and tie were coloured using distress markers a
the quote is from the Random quotes stamp set  
The tag is mounted onto a black cabinet card from Idea-ology and is stuck down using distress matt medium  
Thanks  so much for popping by....
As always feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate each and everyone
Or  if you wish too you can like my facebook page (link in sidebar)


Right I so need to clean up the mess on my desk!
(that's the bit I don't like!)

Have a great week!
Bye for now
Kaz

x

P.S.


10 comments:

  1. The phrenology head is one of my fave stamps too Kaz and you have worked it perfectly - just as perfectly as your city gent is working that bowler hat! Love all the stitching and remnant rub detail . The splatter brush rocks .
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great piece - love that head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the color and texture in this tag, Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look very dapper in his fancy hat! Loving the colours in the background and all the great stitching! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this in my Pinterest stream and recognized your new background style as yours! Wendy had pinned it! Love the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stamps fit perfectly Kaz x and I love the background with the stitching and RR's

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, Kaz! Love your art! It's always very creative and different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever seen the phrenology head turned into a guy!!! I LOVE him!!! His suit and hat are perfection! Gorgeous brights too! Fab project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This guy is way too cool!! I just love him!!Well done Kaz! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx