Friday, 29 April 2016

Fly girl...

Hello friends

I hope you've had a great week!
The weather has been pretty bonkers here in the UK for April!
Yesterday I drove in glorious sunshine, followed by hail, snow, sleet then thunder and rain....
whoever has borrowed the sunshine please bring it back!

I thought I would share a little vintage make Ive recently made, using one of the vignette panels and some of the sticky back textile surfaces....( I just love this linen effect)
I stuck the linen to the panel then using a couple of Tim's stencils I applied randomly Ranger texture paste.  When the paste was dry I rubbed over the top using distress crayons
I cut out the girl  from the found relatives pack and stuck her to one of my old vintage envelope, I added some remnant rub-ons and lots of stitching 
I also added some idea-ology and some of my own vintage finds....

The ribbon was coloured using hickory smoke distress spray ( my new favourite colour!) 
The butterfly is from one of tims ephemera packs and the word fly is from the 
chit chat book ( Idea-ology)
To finish I hung it from the lovely vintage hanger ( also Idea-ology)

I hope you like her?
As always feel free to leave a comment, its great to know you popped by

Im really hoping the weather improves overnight, as myself and some very fabulous friends are doing a 5k mud run first thing tomorrow morning in aid of cancer research UK..... 
( yes we are all completely bonkers!)
(Please have your fingers crossed for us that we get round in one piece!)

Have yourselves a great weekend!
bye for now 

kaz
x



(P.S. If you wish to buy any Idea-ology or stencils hop over to Art from the heart here they have a great selection)


8 comments:

  1. Oh but she is quite fetching, Kaz! I love all the little "extras" you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work as always Kaz c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection in every way! I LOVE this girl, and love the butterfly and quote on her head...clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, this looks fantastic! Love how you have embellished it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this, looks fabulous & good luck with your run, hope the weather is nice for you
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh golly Kaz, I hope the run went well, it must have been brass monkeys this morning, not to mention the horrible rain....

    Your hanging is beautiful, I always love how you stitch your projects, it always adds that little 'extra'! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art Kaz and this is no exception, just fabulous.
    I hope your run went well and you didn't get all those weather conditions to contend with.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous piece! Kaz Love your work. Hope the mud run went well . xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx