Saturday, 9 April 2016

Live your dream...

Hello friends

Hope you are good and that you've had a great week!
Easters hols are nearly over...
Its back to pay the bills job next week for me so this weekend I crammed in some precious
 inky time....

Here's what I did......

 
I used distress paints with a brayer to create the background, lots of layers!
I then used my splatter brush  to add random splats all over. 
I then stamped the image using Rangers Archival ink and the Tim Holtz/ Stampers anonymous Evolution stamp set ( I just LOVE this set!)
The layers of paint from the brayer gives the image a really cool slightly textured look
I also stamped in red archival ink, using the Mixed media #2 set
Next I added Rangers texture paste through Tim's Herringbone stencil and left it to dry
While it was drying I stamped the quote using stamp set "Perspective"
Once the texture paste was dry I used distress crayons over the top, I really like the look they give on top of the texture paste.
I then painted up the Idea-ology cogs with distress paints and glued them in place using distress matte medium.
This was one of those makes that I could of kept adding to..... but in the end I had to tell myself to stop and walk away!

As always feel free to leave a comment, really appreciate each and every one!
have yourselves a great week

bye for now

Kaz
x



16 comments:

  1. Love it Kaz! The effect on thr rIsed areas is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another brilliant make Kaz, the brayered background looks amazing, love the textures and the stamped guy with the cogs is such a cool touch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya just keep em coming! Kaz every one as fabulous as the last! I LOVE this stampset and you have worked it superbly with a background full of fantastic layers , texture and detail. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Fantastic! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaz I'm in awe! love this piece, your use of colors and stamps is extraordinary! Fantastic! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background Kaz, love the layers and how they've come together and the cogs are a brilliant touch.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Kaz! Love all of that color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely fabulous...I love the soft spring colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great card - I'm sure going to miss you here now that its time to go back to work. Darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kaz, totally love the color palette you have chosen ! A very nice and fresh take on the industrial look- I think you are on to something! ")
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great background details KAZ...love the layout, stamped image and textures. Still to invest in the brushes !!!
    Tfs and hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx