Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Tissue wrap/distress crayon tutorial


Hello friends
I hope you are having a great week!
I thought I would share some projects Ive been working on....
Ive put together a couple of you-tube clips of how I created the backgrounds....you can find them at the end of my post.
(...that's been a whole learning curb in its self....)

I'm certainly not a techie when it comes to creating you-tube clips...
I don't own any fancy cameras, just me and my trusty iPhone....so the quality isn't the best, but hopefully you will get the idea ....
 Im still toying with the idea whether to invest in a "proper camera"I think Ive still got some learning to do yet!
(p.s. there's also music playing in the background so be warned.....I don't want to make you jump!

I was really inspired to try the Tim Holtz (Idea-ology) Plain tissue wrap after seeing one of my favourite artists, Paula Cheney work her magic here and here
( aren't they fab?? I'm sure Paula has magic hands...I  do really admire her work)

So, I was curious to see how to create some texture and how it would look with distress crayons....
here's  the results of some of my makes......






I finished this tag by adding texture paste over the top  and colouring the paste with distress crayons when it had dried...
This clip will show you how to create just the plain textured background
  You will need:
Card/tag
Tim Holtz paper wrap (plain)
Distress collage medium(matte)
distress brush
heat tool/matt
distress crayons




This tag I did by stamping the tissue wrap to start....if you watch this video I will show you how....
(p.s. please don't judge my dirty stamp block/pad!)



I hope you found the clips useful....like I say the quality isn't the best and I'm  very much still learning! (slowly!!)
Ive really enjoyed creating texture with the tissue wrap.....the distress crayons smooth over it like a dream!
As always feel free to leave a comment 
I really appreciate you popping by

Have a great week 

Kaz

x




10 comments:

  1. Hi Kaz......absolutely love your stunning makes x great textures and layers and I love the stitching. How clever to upload to You Tube......heading off just now but will pop back another day to view the videos

    Tfs and hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaz, I don't think you need to invest in a camera, these clips are so clear and well done! Bravo to you... I am looking forward to more now... Oh, and your tags are pretty amazing too - the first piece with the multi colour frame is gorgeous. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pieces all of them! Love the combination of the bright colours with the vintage images! Gorgeous and inspiring like always, and I agree with Anne R, - no need to invest in a camera, those little tubes were just fine and very clear, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pieces Kaz! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the videos were perfect. I can't wait to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your videos are great , so lovely to see your wonderful creations again....I have been tinkering with the tissue wrap and have to say I love it!! Love how you use colour with the vintage ...struggle with that . Trace xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved it can't wait to try it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tags & the videos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Gorgeous piece!!! I will sit quietly later and watch the videos- but had to tell you just how beautiful this is the black with the color- outstanding!! Thank you for the tuts!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your videos are both wonderful...quality too! Way to go!!! I love them all, and agree how great the crayons are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx