Pages

Sunday, 24 April 2016

Vintage....

Hello friends

I hope you are all good!

Today I wanted to share a vintage inspired make....
I'm always being asked, where I find my vintage stash....
Let me tell you, its not easy, I spend literally hours and hours scouring different places, 
flea markets,  charity shops, car boots, the list goes on......
sometimes I'm really lucky but more often or not I've had a wasted journey.

On several occasions I've almost had a full blown bun fight over junk.....
I have two general rules.....
If you pick it up....don't put it down!
If you like it buy it....
(Don't think I will come back to it later, there's nothing worse than watching someone else walk away with something you had your eye on!)
 I really love the chase of finding stuff, I guess its my drug....
(oh and gin, gotta love a cheeky G&T to celebrate your finds)

So here's what I did with some of my latest finds.......
I stamped in coffee archival, onto kraft card using Tim's Damask stamp to create a background 
I then layered using paper from the Dapper paper stash.... 
(The French bank statement in the background is an original )
I then added a cabinet card and an image from the idea-ology photo booth
and framed her using a frame....

I then added some more Idea-ology and some of my own vintage finds....
(I have to say I just love that mini envelope!)
I love working with vintage, I'm always intrigued as to who, what, where and when
things were used and the stories behind it,
if only they could talk...

Anyway, feel free to leave a comment I really appreciate each and everyone...
Have  yourselves a great week
bye for now
Kaz









10 comments:

  1. Another beauty, Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a vintage mail fad myself at the moment and looooooove what you made here!! Sheer perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vintage collage is wonderful Kaz, I love the mini envelope and the bank statement was a great find! That Dapper background is my favourite sheet in the whole pack.... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! I love your style!!!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous vintage make Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous vintage make! Kaz so true to your style that I love and admire . A wonderfully written post too that was a pleasure to read .
    have a great week
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kaz! I love all of your work and just started following you a couple of weeks ago. I have a question about stitching on paper: Do you use normal thread and a sewing machine? Any tips? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, thanks so much for your lovely comment.... I use a normal electric sewing machine ( nothing fancy) the thread is just cheap cotton.... Again nothing too fancy, hope that helps

      Kaz xx

      Delete
  8. A fabulous collage of images and ephemera Kaz x love the wonderful details and those original vintage finds
    Beautifully pieced together as always

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx