Pages

Saturday, 14 May 2016

Found girl....

Hello friends

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather,
its a gorgeous day here in sunny Shropshire...

Maybe because of the sunshine or the fact that its late spring, the fields where I live are filled with the brightest, rapeseed yellow ever....it must have had an influence on me to use more colour in my work......
(Those who know me well, know that I'm on the dark side....I pretty much always wear my comfort colour, black, black or more black!)
That really hasn't changed and probably never will but I have to admit, 
Ive really enjoyed experimenting with colour....

So today I thought I would share some subtle vintage colour, courtesy of Paperartsy fresco chalk paints....
To create the background I painted up an XL Manilla tag
I used lots of Fresco colours to create the background
I stamped over the paint using Papersrtsy stamp set Word plate 2 using Tim Holtz distress Archival (hickory smoke)
Then I started layering using some of my original vintage ephemera, 
along with some Tim Holtz Idea-ology.
To create the crackle I used Paperartsy crackle glaze with lilac and snowflake white fresco paint. 
The image is an original photo I found from an auction sale
 ( I'm always buying other peoples memories....hate to see them being thrown away!) 
I used my sewing machine to add lots of stitches too!
To finish I added some rusty wire to hang it from....
I hope you like it?
To find more info on Paperartsy and their products, hop over to their website here....there's some really useful you tube clips too!

As always feel free to leave a comment....its always great to know you popped by!
Right, I'm off sip a large G&T in the sunshine
Hope you enjoy the sun too!
bye for now

Kaz
x


13 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous work clever lady. Enjoy that G&T. Sounds blissful. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner Kaz. Love the stitching, layering and the beautiful background peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mix of colours you used in the background is beautiful and your stitching, as always, is wonderful - along with the great embellishments! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your fabulous layers over the coloured background Kaz it has worked magnificently. Travelling yesterday I also noticed how bright the rapeseed fields are, hope you relaxed nicely with your G&T xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You'd think all those colours would muddy and clash but not with Frescos! Love the stitching, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so gorgeous. I love the Fresco paint background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Kaz! Every layer and each element!! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous background and stunning collage work, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, so beautiful.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning layout Kaz and I love the colour tones as well as your stitching
    Tfs and hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colour suits you! Kaz this is so lovely . As always layout, design and execution tip top . x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I love it too! What a precious girl in the photo. And I do enjoy the soft coloring. You are so talented at layering and adding just the right bits here & there. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx