Pages

Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Simplicity...

 Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
Yikes...I'm playing catch up this week.....
 seriously there's just never enough hours in the day!
Anyway, I wanted to share this make with you, I actually made it a few weeks ago but I wasn't happy with how it originally looked ( It nearly ended up in the bin on several occasions!)
Ive been persevering and tweaking it every now and then, when time allowed!
I created the background using lots of distress paints and a brayer, I then added more layers stamping in Archival ink with the Tim Holtz mixed media 2 stamp set 
I got splattering with the distress splatter brush, its gives a great effect!
I always love to add stitches to my work, so Ive added lots to this piece.... I also added texture paste through Tim Holtz stencils when dry I coloured the paste with distress crayons 
The butterfly is from Tim's  Watercolour stamp set, again coloured using distress crayons.
I added Remnant rub-ons and framed the photo using the Idea-ology frame painted with distress paints.
(The quote is from the Perspective stamp set)
I'm so glad I stuck with it, sometimes it is worth all the hair pulling and keeping it out of the bin!
 I'm finally happy with how it turned out 
(mmm.... i think, lol!)

Anyway feel free to leave a comment, always great to know you popped by
Have yourselves a fabulous week
bye for now 

Kaz



15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kaz, I adore the colours and texture. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth persevering because it is gorgeous - one of my favourite techniques and you have made it look amazing! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a work of art! Glad it did not end up in the round file.....TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you persevered! 'Tis a lovely piece! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the layers and colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's very pretty Kaz! Aren't we always our own worst critics??!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh so pretty and colourful!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layers of colour, stamping and elements Kaz, the tweaking and perseverance paid off beautifully as this is an amazing work of art xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perseverance paid off, Kaz , though I bet it was great even before all the 'hair pulling' ! Totally fab, so much detail , texture and depth of colours , not forgetting the stitching. LOve it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your style, and I LOVE the way you are incorporating all this color into it. So unique and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you persevered Kaz, love the subtle colours on this on, a truly wonderful piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those colours Kaz and your stitching and stencilling really add to the overall appearance. Beautiful stamping and the photo in the frame is so cool

    Tfs and here's to Perseverance xx

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you didn't toss this beauty! TFS Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with your works! i adore your way to mix different elements and colors! Fabulous! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx