Friday, 24 June 2016

Explore....

 Hello friends

Wow another week has flown by...
Cannot believe its nearly July!! 

Its been a funny old week here in the UK
Ive been doing my best to avoid all the news/social media feeds, as its been full on reporting about Britain leaving the EU.
(Its been really hard to know who or what to believe anymore)
but the decision has finally been made, 
so I guess we just have to Keep calm and drink GIN! 

So while Ive been sipping on my extra Large gin, 
I got to work on creating a layered piece using lots of original letters and envelopes 
I started with a first an old air mail letter. I added a photo from the Tim Holtz Photo Booth collection, then set about adding lots of stitches.
I added another layer of Kraft card cut from the  Sizzix Mixed Media thinlits and added some splatters of distress paints. 
I just love the Correspondence stamp set (CMS225) its full of great images....I stamped a few of them using Archival ink.
Plus I always love to add some Idea-ology, along with my own vintage finds....
( the brass token and ruler) 
I added the union jack, I guess as my own way of marking this weeks topical events.... 
(It does not however represent any of my own political views, parties or sides, like I say just my own personal way to mark the event)

The vintage file box was a great find in a junk shop.....just wish there had been a couple more!

Right I think my glass needs topping up!!More gin please!!

As always feel free to leave a comment, 
I appreciate each and every one!

Have yourselves  a really lovely weekend

bye for now 

Kaz
x



9 comments:

  1. Another piece of craft heaven! Your work is so inspiring. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine way to mark the week that was. Nice to see something besides Hillary and The Donald topping our news here in the States!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work. I don't seem to find the same great items no matter how hard I look, but what you do with them is inspiring! I would probably treat them as too precious and keep them in a box unloved and unseen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous Kaz, I love all the detail you put in. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great way to mark the events of this week, I love the air mail letter, in my day they were like the blue one but I do like the white one! Love the addition of the flag too - nice touch. I have been trying to avoid the news too and may even have to take to the dreaded drink myself... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaz you're always an inspiration for me! I adore your projects and this is no different! love the design, you are absolutely brilliant!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully put together Kaz and very symbolic in many ways, I love the added elements and the originality of your pieces and although I'd love to join you for a drink sorry I hate gin so cheers with a brandy lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though I am usually not political at all, I'm afraid I was glued to the box all night on this occasion..... yes, now all we can do is stay calm and..... (I'm not really into the gin thing). Anyway, you certainly have made the very best of this week, this is a stunning piece with so many wonderful elements, so expertly put together. Always adore the messy stitching! You are the queen of collage, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another superb piece perfect in design and execution. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx