Friday, 17 June 2016

Memories...

 Hello friends,,,

I hope you are all well,
Sorry I've not been around much for a few weeks.....
I was hoping to spend  half term week with the family but all I managed to do was to catch a really horrible viral infection which put me out of action for a while,  :0(   ( it always happens at half term!) it really knocked me about......but glad to say Im feeling so much better! 

Anyway, this evening Ive managed to get some much needed creative time...
Heres what I made....

Those that follow my blog regularly will know that I love to use original vintage photos in my work,
I found this one along with the photo I used in my last post here, in an old album that i bought from a local junk shop, I really like how happy the couple look on their holiday.... 
I started by creating a background using gesso on an old note pad page that I had torn from a photo album, I then added black tim holtz distress paint through Tim's herringbone stencil using some cut and dry foam 
I then stamped using distress archival in ground expresso using the mixed media stamps.
This was followed by using the distress splatter brush and peacock feathers distress paints flicked randomly onto the background.

I always add stitching to my work so I got to work with my sewing machine!
Ive added lots of Idea-ology along with some of my own vintage finds (ruler, curtain ring and ephemera)
As I was a lucky winner in last months 12 tags so I spent my voucher from simonsaysstamp.com (thank you!!) on the Correspondence stamp set from Tim Holtz, its such a great set as it has so many smaller stamps that are really useful, Ive used some on the tags and the photo!

(If your interested in any of the Tim Holtz goodies Ive used they are available from Art from the Heart here in the UK)

Right, my desk is looking in a very bad way!! I best have a clear up....
As always feel free to leave a comment, great to know you popped by!

have a lovely weekend
Bye for now 

Kaz 
x

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you frederique so much xx

      Delete
  2. I love this! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you have been unwell but what a fabulous come back! Love the vintage photo and the black stencilling around the edges really draws the eye in. I just love the ruler at the bottom too. Hugs Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous make as always with stunning details/layers to look at x glad to hear you are feeling better x take care and enjoy the weekend
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Kaz as always. So sorry you haven't been well especially with it being half term aswell . Good to hear ya feeling alot better . Illness certainly hasn't zapped ya creativity . x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous project , hope you are feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you're feeling better and spent your fab prize so well - this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better Kaz...I love ♥ this..Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always I love your work! Your ability to use neutral colors is stunning! I adore your style! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that half term virus is so frustrating isn't it, I remember it well but glad you are feeling better and managed some creative time. Love this as always Kaz, the old photo was a brilliant find and your layering up of elements and stamps is superb. Your collage work is always such an inspiration to me. Have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gawjuss as always! Hope you are feeling better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only just "discovered" your art, and in the bits I've seen so far I am so impressed with your ability to take drab and make it fab! This is fascinating with all the bits and bobs. And the curtain ring on the photo is perfect. Definitely will be checking out more of you and your art :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful work as always

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx