Friday, 1 July 2016

4th of July

Hello friends...
Pinch punch its the first day of the month!!
Wow July already. I hope you've had a great week
I thought I would join my American friends and create something to celebrate the 4th of July....
Ive always loved this photo from Tim Holtz found relatives pack.....
it was just the perfect image to use.
 I started by tearing out a page from an old scrap book album and
adding gesso randomly with my brayer.....
I then added lots and lots of stitching, splats of distress paints and some stamping of stars

 On my vintage travels i found a really cool ribbon holder (think its meant for medals) and threaded on some red, white and blue ribbon
To finish I added more layers of paper and the word thankful. along with a vintage ruler.
So to my American friends.... I wish you all a very Happy 4th of July!

As always feel free to leave a comment, I really do appreciate each one
I hope you have a great weekend

hope to be back soon

Kaz
x

11 comments:

  1. Lovely art, Kaz! It's always a treat seeing what you create with your junking finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful piece Kaz! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a brilliant focal point, I always love your stitching and those pops of red are delightful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Kaz,
    I discovered your blog yesterday via an image on Pinterest. Ironically, I can't find the travel journal project that led me here but I've perused through all your posts and I just have to let you know that I love your style!
    Also, glad to know there are no hard feelings about our independence from King George:)haha! Luv all the texture and layers and of course, the group photo is a charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beyond FABULOUS!!! PINNED!!! LOVE the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gasp! This is amazing Kaz. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Fabulous piece of patriotic art, Kaz. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic patriotic make for your American friends Kaz....wonderful layout and I love the splashes of colour

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant and beautiful Kaz and perfect for celebrating the 4th July xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your pieces Kaz...Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Some super awesome details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx