Sunday, 31 July 2016

Stronger.....

Hello friends!

Hope you are all good....
Ive just been away for a week with my family for some much needed R & R and it was bliss!
We walked for miles, talked, laughed/cried, ate lots and made some fabulous memories...
It was just perfect!

While I was away I took lots of inspiration from the coastline, the rocks, the textures, the colours....the list goes on, (My family always tease me for taking up close photographs of rocks, wood, well pretty much anything that inspires me, I always hear them say "Here she goes again!"
I knew I wanted to create a piece that reflected some of the inspiration 
so here's what I put together.....
I create lots of layers using Ranger Texture paste, Tim Holtz stencils and stamps 
I stamped text using Ranger  black Archival and using Tim's stamp sets - Mixed Media 2, Correspondence and Newsprint and type, the words are from chit chat book (Idea-ology)
I used Sizzix thinlits (Mixed media) around the photo and lots of stitching along with some Remnant rub-ons.
To colour I used lots of Distress crayons, distress paints (black and white) and distress stain(Hickory smoke) distress mica spray (antiqued bronze)
To create the splatters I used a Tim Holtz splatter brush
I really enjoyed creating this....One of those pieces that I had to stop myself from adding more!
As always feel free to leave a comment, I really do appreciate each one!

If you want more inspiration, then don't forget Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 103 starts tomorrow, 
(I cannot wait!) tons of inspiration and so much to learn....
to find out more about it click here......its really worth every penny

Have yourselves a really lovely week!
Bye for now

Kaz 
x

8 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Kaz, love all the textures and neutral colours. So glad you had a great week away with your family, just what you needed. huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kaz. Lovely textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Kaz, the rest obviously renewed your creative juices. Love all the textures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing work Kaz, so much wonderful texture, love this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your inspiration come through and the great feeling this page oozes with! <3 Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. a fabulous piece Kaz x you have certainly been inspired and I so love the wonderful textures you have created.

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything on this page is amazing. What a beautiful juxtaposition of techniques. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx