Pages

Sunday, 10 July 2016

Vintage girl...

Hello friends
Hope you are good!
Yuk!! Its been a little soggy here in the UK, 
I'm really hoping that the summer sun finds us sooner rather than later!

Today I'm sharing a make, inspired by a vintage shop fitters receipt
 I picked up from a local junk store (I've included part of it next to the photo)
I decided to photo copy the original because as much as I love to always use originals, sometimes I have to stop myself as they are just too lovely to tear into...this was one of those don't touch it occasions!
I did however use a very old original envelope (from 1887)
as my base, along with a handwritten note from the same time period. 
I used distress and Archival inks to some of the papers to give and extra worn look... 
the photograph is also original (a CDV card)
I added some remnant rub-ons, some stitching and a cut out from Tims sizzix die 
I also added an old military button, some vintage lace and a feather 
I created a frame for the photograph using stitches and some Idea-ology pins 
(the case around the 7 playing card is one of my vintage finds)
To finish I attached some fine cotton to the found objects (Idea-ology) 
and mounted onto some music paper.

I really hope you like this vintage make, as always feel free to leave a comment,
 I really do appreciate each and everyone.

Have a lovely week
bye for now 
Kaz
 x

16 comments:

  1. What a Fabulous and Inspiring piece Kaz! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE ,LOVE,LOVE this.I adore vintage finds and shabby chic.You nailed it. >>>>>>>>>>>. Mags x PS how can I follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous make, Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vintage piece. Love the light airy feel to this with the light backdrop. Love the vintage finds too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, this is a beautiful vintage creation Kaz, I love the button and the gorgeous photo. You really should frame this.... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kaz this just utterly delightful, love the wonderful vintage ephemera and can fully understand your leave ie alone moment, I think I would too. I love looking at all the incredible detail you add and how everything fits so beautifully together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow! This is amazing..where do you find all your vintage bits? So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the details and history Kaz. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kaz long time no see. Beautiful shabby vintage make and isn't great where we find our inspiration.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! LOVE all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful is not enough! This work is amazing! love the white and the vintage feeling, I'm in love with your style! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a stunning make Kaz x love the focal image and great layers created. The stitching really adds to the depth

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is a real beaut! Kaz Really love the white with all those lovely vintage shades and the little pops of colour from the stamps . x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx