Tuesday, 30 August 2016

Adventure...

Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
Well the summer is nearly over.....how did that happen?
Its back to work next week for me....but, I'm kind of looking forward to getting back into a routine as Ive been enjoying too many lazy days and not getting an awful lot done!

Today I wanted to share with you a make that has been sitting on my desk for what seems like ages....
I just found it really hard to get back into the swing of things....I think Mr Mojo is still on his holidays!

One post that really inspired me recently was a post that Katy leitch did here, using deco art media crackle paste...
I really like the effect it gave to her tag and really wanted to try it for myself, Katy has a really useful video of how to use the paste too! 
(thanks for the inspiration Katy!)

So this make has a mash up of lots of different product...
Ive used the crackle paint, distress sprays, archival, idea-ology...
s....
The photograph is an original from my collection.....
I built up layers with the help of Sizzix thinlits, card and tags....
I added walnut stain distress ink and archival ink (coffee) to colour
I used rusty wire to frame the cheeky chap in the photo and added ideology pins/rub-ons
I also added lots of stitching to the card
I am really pleased with the chippy paint effect, it gives a great shabby peeled paint look
I will defiantly be experimenting with the paint again!

Anyway as always feel free to leave a comment, it always great to hear from you!

Have a great week!

Kaz
x

9 comments:

  1. I love the effect u have created Kaz looks really good. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card Kaz, as always you did a beautiful , creative card. I'm one of your biggest fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is when mojo is gone, then you are so blessed! I LOVE the image...precious, and love that crackle too. A beautiful make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling photo and superb layout to sit this on. The crackle has turned out beautifully and adds such amazing texture and visual interest. The school summer holidays always seem to go by so fast but I'm sure you'll soon get back into the routine, I remember that feeling of two days in and the holidays fade into the distant past, but glad you've had a great break xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant effect Kaz. I haven't even had my break yet and summer is fading fast... oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Kaz, this is incredible! I love how you achieved the crackle in the background and highlighting the little child with the rusty wire is such a lovely idea. Love this! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great depth and layers, loving this make.
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the crackle Kaz and as always another fabulous layout x
    Tfs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my , visiting your blog is always a real treat Kaz. Love this piece . Gorgeous crackle and gathering of elements . Wonderful design and composition x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx