Thursday, 11 August 2016

She flies.....


 Hello friends
Hope you are all good!
Sorry I've not been around much at the mo, as its the summer holidays and I'm trying to cram in as much as I can with my family and friends,,,,
but I've managed to pop back in to share a quickie make I created.....
I've been catching up on creative chemistry 103 
and I've been so inspired to crack open all things inky!
(if you want to know more about creative chemistry 103, its not too late.....pop over here for the details, its full of  great techniques with tons of  fabulous inspiration)

So I got myself busy with pots of gesso, Tim Holtz texture paste and grit paste 
some stencils, distress paints/sprays and distress crayons
I created lots of texture using grit paste, gesso and texture paste, when it had dried I coloured using distress crayons and distress paints
I stamped out Papillon butterflies (Tim Holtz) and framed them with some rusty wire 
The number band is a vintage key fob ( one of my vintage finds) 
To attach the butterflies I sewed them in place with my sewing machine 
 I used Mixed media 2 stamp set in random areas and highlighted the stamping with a white gel pen
and I touched up the grit paste using distress crayons ( I just love the effect you get with them)
To finish I added the words from Idea-ology small talk
and sewed the edges of the black card.

As always feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate reading each and every one!
Wishing you a happy week
Enjoy the summer
hope to be back soon
Kaz
x

13 comments:

  1. Kaz this is a stunning piece!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible work Kaz. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love all the amazing layers, color, texture and especially the chit chat words. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic Kaz...this is so beautiful! Love the black background! It really makes the color and texture pop. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours, wonderful textures and I just love that rusty wire! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that random mix of colours/textures and the rusty wire frame in particular on this spectacular project Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're having a good summer! Love this, colours, texture and yumminess!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous textured background Kaz and wonderful wire framed butterflies, love it. Glad you are getting a complete break and enjoying the summer holidays. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous in every way! LOVE the texture and colors, and love the sewing on the butterflies! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm I came, I saw and obviously forgot to leave a comment - how rude of me !! So sorry .
    Fabulous Kaz. Love all the texture and colour. Always a sucker for a flutterby ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx