Monday, 19 September 2016

Best of friends....

Hello friends

Hope you are all good 
Many thanks for the lovely comments on my last post....I really appreciated each and everyone ...

Wow!September has been so busy for me....lots of things happening, my family seem to like September for their birthdays so there's been lots of celebrating....and cake....lots of cake!
So I've not had a lot of time to create, but I did manage to finish off this piece that had been sat on my desk for what seems like ages.....

I used lots of Tim Holtz distress paints, stamps and an Idea-ology frame....the photo is a vintage one from my collection.
I created a patchwork from off cuts of failed attempts ( I never throw anything away!) 
The background is made up from splashes of distress paints, Remnant rub-ons and some stamping using Tim's Mixed media 2 set and Halftone/rings set

I added lots of stitching with my trusty sewing machine.....although its no longer white! 
To finish I framed the photograph using an Idea-ology frame and coloured it using a sharpie pen.

Right my mission this afternoon is to clear my desk, its shamefully over crowed with "stuff"
I really struggle to be organised.....
As always feel free to leave a comment

Hope to back soon with another make
Have a great week 

Kaz
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece Kaz! TFS :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Kaz,mlove the delicate colour against the Kraft. Perfect framing of the image and of course I love your random stitching. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this composition and the fabulous effects from the stamps, stencils and splashes of paint, it's a perfect backdrop for that gorgeous photo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant make, love those soft pastelly colours and the stitching adds such a special touch! Perfect composition for that wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo is wonderful and you have framed it beautifully with your off cuts, lovely spatters and the random stitching - beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful and different! LOVE the bright colors and the whole position of everything! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx