Friday, 9 September 2016

Memories...

Hello friends


Hope you are all good!
Ive just returned to work after the summer holidays...
sigh...its taking a while to get back into the swing of things but I think I'm getting there, slowly...

During August I watched my very talented friend Kate Crane do her arty thing with her magic hands on the Hochanda shopping channel....wasn't she good??
(if you ever get a chance to take a workshop with Kate....you must, she rocks!!!) 
Kate was using some Tando creative products and Deco- art media to create a planner....
I told myself that I didn't need anymore mixed media stuff, I didn't need anymore mixed media stuff, I didn't need anymore mixed media stuff....
but by the end of the show I had ordered new mixed media stuff!
(cheers Kate!)

Then towards the end of August I watched some of Andy skinners shows on Hochanda,
How good were they?? 
So you know where this is going right??
Yes....I'm a salesman dream!
So After running up a nice bill on my credit card I thought I best put to use some of the products I bought and share with you my latest make...

The base is a wooden plaque that I picked up from hobbycraft
I used some of the techniques that were shown on the shows.... 
The background stencil is a crafters workshop, I used modelling paste through it
The bolts are from Industrial Elements ( Tando creative) and are coloured with the Deco-art media grunge set from the show that Andy Skinner did on Hochanda, I love the transformation the kit goes through....its very clever!
If you are a follower of my blog you will know that I like to add my own embellishments, so I added an old rusty key and some really old telephone cord cable.....
To finish I added some rusty wire and added some stitching to the photograph.
 I also added some of my favourite Remnant rub-ons and the word 'memories' from Tim Holtz Big chat words.

I'm still very new to the using the products and still have lots to experiment with (and learn!) but Ive really enjoyed the process!

If you would like to leave a comment then please, feel free....
I really appreciate each and everyone!

I will be back soon
Have a lovely weekend!
Bye for now

Kaz
x

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kaz, loving all those rusty elements . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Kaz....now that is a gorgeous work of Art indeed!! Don't mind me if I hang out staring at this for a while kay?! :D
    TFS I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post and I love your project.. glad you enjoyed the shows, I saw some of them too, they were good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is exquisite Kaz, sheer vintage and timeworn goodness. Love, love, love how you used the DecoArt media line. Going back to take in more of the details and to pin for future reference. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful!!!!
    I love the subtle hints of colour that make the shabbyness even more divine-looking! A brilliant piece!

    Greetings from Vienna,
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! My favorite colors and just the right grunginess and vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning - fabulous combination of your style with those amazing A.S. techniques and products.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolute stunner! Kaz HUGE love in the house here for this one .
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the colours and textures on this piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, with rust, and vintage photos. Congratulations for this !

    ReplyDelete
  11. So perfectly you and so perfectly fantastic! I LOVE every grungy bit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome project, so PERFECT! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I spotted this on Pinterest and came right over! I love how your work has a kind of a "signatre" look about it. Great to hear that you have a mantra that you don't stick to either, mine is all about not eating another slice of cake.... You know how that ends right? I just love the feel of this piece and the Andy Skninner stuff is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is breath taking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love this

    Forgive my ignorance but what is hochanda? Never heard of - I have neglected my art room too much I the last year and you are inspiring me to get back I there

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous work. meg from www.megsgarden.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx