Wednesday, 28 September 2016

two friends...


Hello friends...
Hope you are having a good week
Just a quickie post from me to share this make with you....

Those that follow my blog regularly will know that I'm not the best person to make use of colour....
I really do admire other artists that use colour and I try and give it a go, but I keep getting pulled back to the darker/grungy shades, I guess that's where I feel most comfortable. ( Its not just in my arty makes....my wardrobe pretty much consists of grey and black....I know, I know its grim, but they really are my comfort colours...)

 I created a monochrome background using Rangers Texture paste, when it was dry I used a mixture of distress spray (hickory smoke) along with distress paints (black soot & picket fence)
I also used a mixture of Tim Holtz stencils
I used an original vintage photograph and cut around the ladies,
 ( there were originally three ladies in the photo but I used my artistic licence and removed one.... i liked it that the two ladies mirrored each other) 
 I then mounted them onto an old vintage page from a french ledger. 
I wanted to highlight the ghostly friends so I used a white signo gel pen. 
I then created a patchwork of strips from some offcuts, I stamped using some number stamps and added lots of stitching. 
 
I then added more layers, an old playing card, vintage train ticket stub, an old french bank statement and a rusty key....
The stamped stars are from the tim holtz correspondence set....(yes....I cut the stamps!)
I also used the halftone and rings set
The number stamps are from Hobbycraft..

As always
Feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate each and everyone.....

Have yourselves a lovely week 

Kaz
x



4 comments:

  1. Haha I resonate with your wardrobe colours Kaz, although mine do get brighter in the summer. Love your layered piece with those gorgeous ladies taking central stage and all the other wonderful and brilliantly placed ephemera and embellishments. Beautifully designed and constructed as always. Hope your week has been going well too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monochrome of this, it's perfect
    You are inspiring me Kaz so glad you are back in the little shabby shed

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous layered project Kaz x you really are the queen of layers and the White round the lovely ladies is really effective

    Sending my best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use color exceptionally well, and when you do grungy vintage it surpasses all I know. This is gorgeous...no extra color needed. I LOVE the ladies, even just two...lol! LOVE the background too. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx