Sunday, 30 October 2016

A little catch up....

Hello friends
Hope you are good...
Half term is nearly over with....sad face
It flies by just way too fast...

 I just took a road trip Oop north to visit friends and family....
So I thought I would share some snap shops of what I got up too!

So first stop was to meet up with my very lovely friend Kate Crane,
its always great to catch up, we always have
 so much fun and I actually think we talked non-stop!

Kate treated me to a visit to see York minster...WOW
It was just beautiful, in fact it was breath taking!
(thanks Kate!)
(I'm not religious but I just love churches/cathedrals,
the history, the sculpture, the windows....just everything)
here's some photos of the inside...
The stain glass windows were huge!
I love this sign for the tower....
(As fainting at the top of the tower is not a good look
 we decided,  for our own health and safety 
not to climb the tower to the top! phew!)
We did however discover a glass bottom floor in the museum at the base of the minster, 
which still houses walls from the original Roman fort, Kate decided to have a little try to check we could walk over it, Kate's braver than me!
After dragging me out of the Minster as I didn't want to leave,
 we then popped into York town and visited lots of really quaint shops 
and this medieval street called 'The Shambles' (here's a link all about its history)
it was so cool!
 So after doing some shopping we sadly said our goodbyes to Kate and her family, it had been such a great day, if you get the chance to go to York you will not be disappointed...I think I left a little piece of my heart there...

The next morning we took ourselves off to visit Harrogate
(One of my favourite places to visit)

I had to do a quick delivery of some vintage goodies to my lovely friend Dyan.  Dyan is so busy and is often away in the USA teaching her line of Dylusions for Ranger, so it was really good to see her, we managed a very quick catch up over a cuppa....and then it was of to the next stop....
I couldn't come to Harrogate without popping into Art from the Heart...
I NEEDED some art supplies, so after filling up a bag of must have items, I popped by the studio to say a quick hello
 Kate was busy teaching her regular Art journaling class...
(sorry Kate,  not the best photo)
Here's what they were creating....how cool is that? 
Have a look at Kate's classes here, they are so inspiring!
Donna was busy working hard in her journal.....check out the hair too!
Time was ticking as we were off to visit family, so we said our goodbyes, sniff sniff
We just had enough time to pop by Betty's tea room.... a must when ones in Harrogate! 
Sadly the queues was too big to sit in so we had a take out of a cake or two,
Here we are eyeing up the Halloween goodies in their windows!
I hope I've not bored you too much! 
Just wanted to share our lovely few days away....

I will be back tomorrow as I have a project to share,
 here is a little peak...

bye for now 

Kaz 
x






10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so cool! I love Kate's class journal pages and I can't wait to see your finished piece! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you packed a lot in! I love York, too, (had my honeymoon there) and the Minster is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love York but have never been to Harrogate
    It's on my bucket list to do a class at Art from the Heart so who knows it might just happen

    Thanks for sharing your visit

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous time you have had with Kate. Dyan and at Art from the Heart xx Holidays always fly by too quickly !!!!

    Take care and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one could accuse you of wasting time on your trip here up north - lol. I love York and the Minster, as much because I get to go to AFTH too... Great photos and glad you enjoyed your trip! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous...you saw some marvelous sights and got to see Dyan...love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fabulous photos of your wonderful trip, I must do it one day. Glad you had a great break now it's the Christmas run in school, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, lovely photos, happy memories. We had a fab day, and as ever it was wonderful to see you. Mwah! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear you enjoyed your time OOp North- Tis where I dwell bout 50 miles from York. York is a wonderful place - haven't been for a long though. Shame you missed it during the Christmas season- another reason to come back lol .
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx