Monday, 10 October 2016

Beautiful Memories....

Hello friends...

Hope you are all good
Brrr theres a real chill in the air at the mo....
A real reminder that winter is just around the corner...

After a recent walk in the woods,
I found lots of dead fern, so not one to miss an oppoutunity I popped some in my pocket 
and it eventually made its way onto my desk...
I paired it up with an old vintage postcard, that had at some point had an ink pen leak into it....I loved the colours it had left so I matched them up with some distress paints and inks

I created the background on an old french bank statement from 1924,
I ran texture paste through a Tim Holtz stencil (THS032)
I then sprayed with distress inks (hickory smoke, broken china and walnut stain)
I added lots of splatters using distress paints, added some stitching, the fern, then selected a photo from my collection to go in the Idea-ology frame. 
To finish I added an old key, some tags, a lone star and more stitching into some old lace and some bunting.
As always feel free to leave a comment....I appreciate each and every one

Have a great week!

Kaz 
x


7 comments:

  1. Love the colours in this piece Kaz and the gorgeous photo you added. I had to smile when you said you picked up a fern which you have added, I came back from Swanage at the weekend with a little posy of brown seed heads that I want to add to something too. Great minds lol. Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Kaz, stunning collage piece and what great use of that autumnal find! Yes, winter is well and truly on it's way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that stencilled background is gorgeous in those colours and, as always, the stitching just enhances it even more - and the fern is a perfect embellishment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful textured layers KAZ and I love the colour palette too x it's certainly getting a tad chilly in our neck of the woods 👎

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All this background from a leaky pen...WOW!!! What stunning results! Completely fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful in both design and execution, Kaz . You really are a master of your crafting style. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx