Pages

Monday, 3 October 2016

Happiness....

Hello friends...
Hope you are all good!
Today I wanted to share with you this recent make...
It absolutely threw it down with pouring rain on Saturday, which meant it was a cozy, don't even think about stepping out side, hog the radiator sort of a day....so thats exactly what I did.
I sat at my desk, hogged that radiator and created just for me....
This turned out to be a real mash up of some of my favourite products thrown together....
heres what I created...
I always love to use lots of layers 
This make has loads! 
I started by using a layer of gesso through the stencil, 
when it was dry I painted lots of layers of paint  
I used crackle paint for the inside of the pocket watch and filled it with a heart. 
The bolts were inspired by Andy skinner, I really love that rust effect...Im addicted!!
         I also added some infusions ( be warned you only need a tiny amount)
To finish I mounted the card onto one of my vintage books.

I really got lost in the process of putting this one together
Creating art just for me is so good for the soul.... 

I think this one is a keeper!

feel free to leave a comment I appreciate each and every one xx

Have yourselves a great week...

Kaz
x


Products used....

Decoart fluid acylics, gesso, crackle paint and antiquing cream
Tim Holtz stencil-TMS054 distress glaze, distress ink 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology pocket watch frame, big chat words 
Andy Skinner Industrial Elements -bolts and washers by Tando creative
Old vintage book 





18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kaz, I adore lots of layers in a design and this has them by the bucket load. Fantastic piece, very eye catching and right up my street. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful project kaz. Very inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaz tell me about the bolts, do they come rusted or is it a product used to create effect?
    I love rust and I'm intrigued

    Another great piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link for you dawn, they are chipboard made by Tando http://www.tando-creative.co.uk/catalog/andy-skinner-industrial-elements-boltswashers-sheet-p-1064.html hope that helps xx

      Delete
  4. You've nailed the rust effect on those chipboard screw heads, the whole project is fab. Love all the layers and the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely brilliant love all the layers and the rusted look is amazing-so realistic
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. really an awesome project Kaz! Love the grunge and the shabby layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously grungy Kaz, the rusted elements look fabulous - the pocket watch is incredible!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rusty, grungy goodness! Love the rust. Love the sentiment. The blue is a perfect compliment to the rust. Doesn't it feel great to just be and create? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the results of your 'hug the radiator' time, wonderful timeworn elements with fabulous textures and even some Kaz stitching. Brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. way cool. LOVE the pocket watch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beyond fabulous...pinned!!!! You are amazing and so is this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, awesome! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project! Love all those layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the touch of blue with the rusty elements - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another ace project from Kaz.........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its a real Stunner! ( with a capital 'S') ;) x

    ReplyDelete

  17. This work is fantastic! The effect resounding rust! I was lucky enough to take a course with Andy ... he's very good, but so are you equally.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx