Monday, 31 October 2016

Remember.....

Hello friends

Happy Halloween!
I said in my post yesterday that I would share with you a project Ive been working on....
its a really mash up of different products.
(I will list them all at the end of the post)

I wanted to create something a little bit grungy to go with this original vintage photograph
Im still very much experimenting with some of my Tando/Deco-art purchases. 
I used lots of crackle paint for the background on the tag....loving that crackle!

I created lots of layers using modelling paste, gesso and paints,
I used a dylusions stencil to get the background circles.....

The actual base is wood, bought from hobby craft.
I stamped using Amy Tangerine alpha stamps with black archival.
The screws and bolts are from Tando creative and I was inspired by Andy skinners technique, giving them that cool/rusty look.

The stars are small wooden christmas decorations that i stripped the colour off and painted using deco-art media paints.
The word remember is from Tim Holtz Idea-ology range, framed by a book plate from Tando

I really enjoyed creating this, although I realised how impatient I am when it comes to waiting for gesso/paint to dry!

Feel free to leave a comment, I really do appreciate you popping by 

Have a very Spooky Halloween!

Bye for now 

Kaz
x

supplies used:

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, this colour palette is my favourite and those layers (~sigh~). Wonderful piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be among the first to exclaim WOW! This is absolutely awesome Caz. Thanks for explaining how you did it too. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with ALL of this, Kaz it's fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Complete and utter fabulousness! Kaz *shouts out loudly* LOVE IT!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very nice! I like your style a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb, just love everything about it Kaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely perfect and oh so yummy gorgeously grungy and vintage. Love that photo. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant effects. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and love the grunge effects

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really wonderful Kaz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great. If you also make postcards, I encourage you to check out Sunday Postcard Art. They have a weekly challenge (for fun).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx