Pages

Friday, 4 November 2016

Autumn....

Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
November is here and the temperature has certainly dropped, brrrr!

The leaves are just beautiful at the moment, 
I collected some beautiful leaves from our Acer tree in our garden....
and I wanted to incorporate them in some journal pages  
I used lots of layers of gesso, texture paste and grit paste
through a variety of Tim Holtz stencils
(THS 061,070,068)
I used distress paints ( wild honey, walnut stain) along with distress crayons to add layers of colours to match the leaves.
I also used some rust pastes by finnabair to colour the background, star and arrow.
I added some rusty wire to frame the photo, words and the star 
The text stamp is Tim holtz (Ledger script) 
I also used the Patchwork pieces set,I stamped using coffee archival ink.
Ive left some areas blank as I may journal some thoughts onto it later...
I hope you like.... feel free to leave a comment, i appreciate each and every one xx

Have a lovely weekend 

kaz x


6 comments:

  1. Kaz this is another stunning piece of work. The autumn leaves seem to be particularly stunning this year and this is such a lovely way to hold onto them for posterity. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Kaz, I always admire your work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Kaz!! Love the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Kaz - the real leaves are such a wonderful addition! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that you used real leaves...wonderful! Beautiful, original, and striking pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Stunning layout and the use of real leaves is ingenious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx