Saturday, 19 November 2016

Discover.....

Hello friends
Hope you are all good!
I wanted to share a piece Ive been working on over the last few days...
Its been one of those makes where I didn't know
where I was going with it....
but eventually after lots of mugs of tea, some pulling of hair I was happy with how it turned out
I created the background using a mix of gesso and texture paste through Tim Holtz stencils
I coloured the background with distress paints and crayons
I added some background strips by sewing them in,
I then added some ripped up cheese cloth, wire and old washers and bolts
The centre piece is a n Idea-ology pocket watch, painted and filled with a star from the Tim Holtz ephemera pack and more wire
To finish I added some of my own vintage keys, a vintage pocket watch key and some big chat words
I also used a couple of stamp set Tim Holtz, correspondence, Halftone and rings and Mixed Media 2 sets and stamped randomly with black archival ink.


As always feel free to leave a comment, I really do appreciate you popping by
Enjoy your weekend...

bye for now 

Kaz  
xx



9 comments:

  1. Brilliant page!! The background looks amazing already, and I adore how you finished it with those rusty bits, just a perfect textural composition, LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Kaz you have created a masterpiece here xx love all the details of texture and the sewn in strips.....FABULOUS!!!!

    Huge hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, love the texture and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo good Kaz. The colors, the textures, the layering, the objects, the composition. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaz, this is very beautiful. You have a gift and I wish I had a piece of it.

    I've been following you for many, many years but have yet to make something "Kaz appropriate"!!!
    Love, Liz Walters
    Prescott, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW the heck did I miss this one ???? Stunning- the colours , the design , composition and execution spot on .
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx