Pages

Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Great friends....

Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
A quickie post from me today, to share my latest make
Not one to embrace colour,
surprise surprise....Ive gone for a very grungy look
(I just couldn't help myself!)

The base is made from wood (from hobbycraft)
which was painted with gesso,
I then I added lots of layers of distress paints to it
(walnut stain, black soot)
I used an then used a Tim Holtz Idea-ology cabinet card,
applied a layer of gesso, texture paste and grit paste
through Tim Holtz Stencils 
(THS070, THS006 and THS005)

When it had dried I used distress crayons and more paints to enhance the stencil marks
The Baroque frame (Idea-ology) was painted with grit paste, when dry,
 I painted it in black soot distress paint.  To highlight areas I used a gold sharpie pen.
I then added the photograph ( from found relatives-occasions set)and stitched the outside of the
cabinet card.
To add some finishing touches I added some lace and stars (stars are from finnabair) I added some arrows and bolts from Idea-ology and mounted it all onto the wooden base
All products are available from Art from the Heart (link in side bar)
As always feel free to leave a comment, great to know your popped by....

Have a fabulous week!
bye for now 

kaz
x




12 comments:

  1. I love this Kaz! When I saw the picture on Instagram I just knew it was going to be good! Love that background detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your collage pieces Kaz and this is an absolute beauty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kaz the embossed background is a lovely backdrop to showcase the focal image. Love those vintage tones. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous vintage piece Kaz. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another divine work of art Kaz, you have an incredible eye for collage composition and then combined with those fabulous techniques, added elements and grungy vintage style this just calls to me. Love it all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous grungy style as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all those layers (i want to touch this so badly)! you have me thinking i need to grit paste some metal embellishments in the near future. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyond FABULOUS, just uber gorgeous! I already pinned it! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another AMAZING work of art Kaz! Love all the textures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx