Pages

Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Dreams...

Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
A quick post to share with you this recent make,
(actually I'm procrastinating......
I have so much to do but you know how it goes...the jobs can wait!)

I recently created some grungy backgrounds for another project.... this was one of the off cuts, 
so instead of throwing it away I filed it under one of the very messy piles on my desk and knew it would come in handy!

I used gesso through some Tim holtz stencils, when dry I 
coloured with distress paints and distress crayons.
To add some extra details, I hand stitched into the card and used my trusty sewing machine
 to sew the edges to frame the card.
The photo is Idea-ology  (photo booth) framed with an Idea-ology Baroque frame, which was coloured with black soot distress paint and a gold sharpie pen.
I hand stitched the quote in place and stamped stars and numbers
from the Tim Holtz (correspondence stamp set)
To finish I added a large (Idea-ology) arrow and layered it onto card
As I said earlier, this was  an off-cut, 
which may of easily been thrown away....
maybe  you could create a save it pile and join me in the very messy desk brigade!

Right I really do need to get busy!
Feel free to leave a comment, always great to hear from you!
Have a great week

kaz
x



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kaz, love the backdrop and framed vintage image. The stitching is a lovely addition. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. always save the offcuts! great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb use of your cut off and wonderful design Kaz. I have a box that lives just behind my chair for all my discarded hand made backgrounds and often grab it for die cutting elements to add to projects. I love that yours has been stitched and stamped to create this beautiful card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card and how great to use your cut off Kaz x love the background, especially your hand and machine stitching x the photograph is so sweet and the arrow is the perfect addition. Now singing Hold on Tight to Your Dreams in my head x like you I have a pile of crafting to do.....as someone will be here soon!!
    Have a lovely weekend
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx