Saturday, 14 January 2017

A splash of colour.....

Hello friends!

Hope you are good!
Have you had a good week? Its been a cold one here brrrr....
There's been lots going on in the craft world, lots of new releases, new inspiration and lots of new products that we all NEED!
I am so looking forward to what the Creativation show brings us this coming week....its such an exciting time!

So just a quick post tonight, 
 to share a quick make using lots of colour.....yes thats me using colour!
(it's good to come out of your comfort zone and experiment....and as  its January I needed a splash of colour to lift these dark winter days!)

The image is from my own vintage collection that I photo-copied and
did an image transfer using gesso
I highlighted the girls using distress paint (mustard seed)
I then added lots of splashes of colour using lots of distress paints. 
Next I stamped using Black  Archival ink and Tim Holtz Mixed Media 2 stamp set 
I created a patchwork of stitching from some off cuts and added some Remnant rub-ons 
To finish I added some words from Big chat ( idea-ology) and backed it onto black card...

As always feel free to leave a comment, I really do appreciate you popping by...
and when the CREATIVATION show has finished, I will be back
to share some of my secret projects with you...
(I really cannot wait!)
Have a great week!
Kaz
x



5 comments:

  1. oh Kaz!! i love this project and the use of colour!!! spectacular piece!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Kaz, the image transfer looks amazing and I just love the cheery colours! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of colour and cheery images Kaf. Needed to pop over to congratulate you on your work in Creativation! You must be so proud! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous (as always) Wonderful image that you gave a real 'happy factor' with those brighter colours.
    Love it x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx