Sunday, 8 January 2017

Hello 2017

Hello friends!

First of all let me start by wishing you all
a very happy, healthy and creative new year!

Secondly, let me apologise for being missing in action....
I would like to tell you that I spent the christmas period lying on a hot beach, sipping cocktails but the reality is that Ive been really busy working on some top secret projects....shhhh more on them in a couple of weeks!

So today I just wanted to share a quick make that I put together over the weekend....
(I am surprised it even got made as my desk is officially a disaster area! Each time I get motivated to clear it I get distracted and I add to the mountain of mess....butI work better in mess so its not too bad!)

If you are a regular follower of my blog you will know that I am a collector of old photographs and ephemera and I love to use them in my makes...
So I selected this lost soul, she kind of stuck out and fitted perfectly in this Idea-ology frame
I used lots of layers of gesso, texture paste, stencils,distress paints, distress crayons and substrates 
The old rusty keys are from my stash. I added rusty wire and a mini tag from Tim Holtz Tiny tabs and tag die, I also added Remnant rub-ons. 
The outside was framed with stitching and the Ideology frame was given the shabby/ grunge treatment!
 
As always please feel free to leave a comment, always great to hear from you!

(Don't forget to pop by Tim Holtz blog this week for lots of sneak peaks of new products being released at the Creativation show (formerly CHA)..for more info click here.)

As always please feel free to leave a comment....always great to hear from you!
I Will be back very soon
Have a great week 

Kaz
x

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Kaz! love this - your signature style is obviously working well in 2017 too. look forward to your secret projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vintage style to this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dream piece! Happy new year, looking forward to 2017 and all the inspiration it has to offer, especially pieces like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Kaz! Honestly your Tim Holtz style is adorable. Love your nude, black, vintage - grungy style. It's your trademark.I really do like your bright creations also, but pieces like this one above....let me go on my knees ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece Kaz! Can't wait to see what your working on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, I like your style! Curious about the secret things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another triumph! Love it! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A complete beauty of a project...and love that photo. You always find the best things! Happy new year, and so glad for your secret things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely piece Kaz! I really love it! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful make Kaz x love the wonderful background details and layers. The image looks great in the grungy frame.
    My room is tidy at the moment but it won't last long as I am heading on an encaustic adventure

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yet another fabulous make full of vintage goodness and your fantastic style - whats not to love ?
    Though I'm late to visit I would still like to wish you a Happy New Year !
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love this piece and would like to make one similar and put my grandmothers picture in the frame. Just amazing work, simply amazing.
    Victoria, BC
    Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx