Pages

Friday, 10 March 2017

Dreams...


   
Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
Wow it's  been such a busy couple of weeks here,
 I'm only just catching up with blogging, adding more chaos to my 
desk and finishing off some makes that have been waiting patiently for me to finish......
(I can't believe we are nearly half way through March!)

Today I wanted to share this vintage make...
I started of with a piece of 8x8 paper from paper stash from Dapper
I created several layers using gesso, collage medium and distress paints, I stamped in coffee archival ink,  using the ledger stamp set (Tim Holtz)
The image is from the Idea-ology Paper dolls.....
she was painted using distress paint and distress crayons.
The image is attached with 3D foam pads (sadly the picture doesn't pick it up too well)
The flowers/butterflies are from the Idea-ology ephemera packs....some really great vintage images!
The letters are also Idea-ology and were distressed using alcohol ink and distress paints

To finish I framed it using a Panel frame which I gave the distressed treatment added a mini crown to the image (how cute are they?! from Idea-ology) 
I also added an old vintage key from my own collection!.
I love vintage and thoroughly enjoyed getting stuck into creating this one!

As always feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate each and everyone.
Wishing you a fabulous weekend!
Bye for now 

Kaz
x


12 comments:

  1. This is such a powerful piece Kaz. The girl stands proudly and with determination. Her background is glorious, as though she has the world at her feet and the crown completes the feeling perfectly. If only life were as simple as just getting out the key and the crown eh? Fabulous inspiration! Xx 😝

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very magical feel to this make Kaz x love the gorgeous floral background.........like a fairy garden and the paper doll sits perfectly, especially with her fairy queen crown.........Love it!!!!
    TFS and have a great weekend
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Kaz, totally gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely, Kaz - my favourite of all your work that I have seen.
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! That paper doll is gorgeous and all that yummy texture in the background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully vintage and wonderful colours Kaz, the ephemera pieces are great additions and the painted doll is a fabulous focal point. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks like she has a secret or perhaps she is standing in a secret garden... love the background you created for her and the little crown is such a lovely touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great piece... love how you did the background... interesting ! The paper doll...how fun is that ?! all those cool new products ... can't wait to play! And yes that crown too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just magical Kaz - that background is genius!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx