Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Heart...

Hello friends!

Hope you you are all good!
Spring is finally here....thank goodness!
winter hung around...way too long!

It seems like ages since I used a tag in my work...
I had forgotten how much I love working on them,
 its a great way to experiment with different mediums,
 products and techniques....it's how I first got bitten by the ink bug!

So I started by creating lots of layers using gesso and distress paints
I lost count how many layers.......but it was many!
When I was happy with background I added a layer of the new Ranger Opaque crackle paste using a palette knife...
This product is so VERY cool! I think I will be using pots of it!
(I got mine from Art from the heart here) 
When the paste had dried I added more layers using distress crayons, paints, stencils and stamps
 (Tim Holtz -Birch and pine set and Correspondence)
The heart is a Sizzix thinlit, which also got the grunge treatment using the paste...
I added the words from Idea-ology "Clippings" and framed them with some rusty wire  
To finish I added lots of stitching and some painty splats!
It was great to experiment with a new product, it helps revive the old mojo when its feeling a bit flat!

As always feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate you passing by!
Have a great week!
Bye for now
Kaz 
x


15 comments:

  1. Oh Kaz it's just yummy. The little bit of rusty wire around the heart and quote lets the background layers shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous texture, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lots of layers so I adore this Kaz. The background is gorgeous and I am loving that opaque crackle. The heart is the perfect finishing touch. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. đź’žabsolutely love this, such goodness. Thanks for sharing Kaz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy layers and textures! Must look up the paste! Great tag Kaz! Xx ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layers Kaz, it's a gorgeous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all those paint layers and the opaque crackle looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW ... the layers are AWESOME; makes me want to try it RIGHT NOW ! Oh guess I need to get some crackle paste ... it's on my list ! See what you did ?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love your background, especially the crackle Kaz . Great finishing touches.

    Like you I am delighted Spring is here and we have some sunshine here in Ayrshire.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layers and incredible results with all the products you used. Was that a Rod inspired sentiment lol? Have a great weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning tag! That background looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing tag and love the textures

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great lesson in layers for backgrounds. Really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pots of the Crackle Paste is a great idea...lol! This is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all those layers and texture. Perfectly embellished too .x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx