Sunday, 26 March 2017

Inspired by Seth....

Hello friends

Spring is finally here.....and its been a beautiful spring day here in the UK!
(It's also our mother's day too, so wishing you all a very happy, peaceful day!)

Today I wanted to share this make, inspired by the very lovely Seth Apter...
I'm a huge fan of Seth's work and Im always inspired by how Seth creates layers (check out his blog here) I was very lucky to meet Seth, earlier on in the year....honestly, I could of watched his demo's all day....such a creative soul and a really lovely chap.

So here's what I created...
I used Seth's limited addition paints  (set 2) from Paperartsy
I used lots of layers of paint, when I was happy with the background I used one of Seth's stencils (Transform from stencil girl) and continued to add ramdon layers.
I then stamped faintly with Seth's stamp set from Paperartsy (here)
Next I added lots of splatters.
The die cuts are from Seth's range of Spellbinders (here )
I coated them in Tim Holtz grit paste, then coloured them using the paints
Some of the die cuts were mounted onto some book text, then I added a butterfly from Idea-ology Botanical ephemera pack, which I sewed into place. 
To finish I added some more words from the book text and 
added a rusty key from my own vintage stash.
I really enjoyed creating this piece, I hope you like it too!

(...A BIG thank you for your inspiration Seth!)

As always feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate each and everyone!
Have a lovely week...
Kaz
x



19 comments:

  1. Stunning make!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Amazing background with Seth's paints! And I love how the grit paste makes such "rusty" goodness on the die cuts. Pinned!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Seth would be proud. The texture on the background and with the grit paste is just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I really love how the die cuts turned out in your fantastic layering. It's a truly seth-inspired masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, all those fantastic paint layers are just divine, so textural. Love the Die cut elements too and the butterfly finishes it off beautifully. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree, i could watch seth demo all day too. I love all those layers and textures. I have several of his dies and have these paints (just haven't played - yet). You have inspired me to go make a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the layers in the background as well as your grouping of the objects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background and colour combo Kaz x the details of the die cuts and the butterfly are just perfect
    Thank you for sharing
    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Kaz, that background is superb, you created so much texture with your paint layering. I also love the texture on the die cuts and the butterfly is beautiful! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the depth of this one, Kaz, and that bit of text behind all your layered colors. Gorgeous! And yes, he is a really lovely chap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore this Kaz, such amazing textures and layering of the diecuts and that fabulous butterfly sits beautifully on the top. A wonderful Seth inspired piece. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fab! Kaz Terrific creativity using some of Seths products. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! it's gorgeous Kaz!!! TFS :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ms. Kaz...your work is ALWAYS at the very top of my, "Oh, How I Wish I Could..." list!
    I have the materials/supplies to make just about anything I could dream up, but that's just it - my imagination fails me. I wish I had the ability to put beautiful things together, with ideas of my own.
    I always look forward to seeing the works you come up with, because the inspiration you "send out" is SO amazing! Perhaps, one of these days, something will "click" and then I will be able to cut, glue, paint, emboss, stain and/or embellish projects of my own, too! Thank you for all the beautiful art that you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally foabulous Kaz! Love the colours, the texture on the die cuts and your layering.....in fact I love everything about this ! I'm sure Seth will too ! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx