Thursday, 25 May 2017

Wander....

Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
I can't believe its nearly the end of May!
How did that happen?
life has been a little hectic of late... hope to get back creating very soon.

I love to create grunge, Im always inspired by Tim, Seth Apter and Andy Skinner
(they totally rock the grunge!)

So here's my take on a grungy panel that I created using a black piece of card.
I started off creating the background with layers of Distress oxides....I just stamped using actual ink pads to layer the inks, drying in-between..
I then added layers of distress paints...
The bolts are from Tim's Industrial die by size 
the key is from my vintage collection 
I added some washers and painted them with rust paste 
To finish I added lots of drips of distress paints, a quote chip from Idea-ology and some grungy stars.

As always feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate each and everyone.

Hope you enjoy the sunshine....its warming up nicely in the UK!
back soon!

Kaz
x


12 comments:

  1. can't believe how fast the year is going.. love this grungy project, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right up my grungy street! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! The mojo is back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Kaz.It has got such a grungy patina -- and a great color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layers of colours and the red edge is marvellous. Great rusty look you have going here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic panel of grungy background and timeworn elements, this is a superb example of what can be achieved just with paint and ink. Brilliantly done Kaz. Have a fabulous bank holiday Monday weekend and half term. Huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool...industrial grunge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Kaz, this is a-mazing! You have created the most fantastic background, so grungy... the bolts and stars look like they really are rusty. Beautiful work, as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely grungy look you achieved. Great colors as well. You did a great job ! Thank you for sharing your lovely art.
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your grunge piece. You do rock grunge. I am really liking those bolts by Tim. That is so cool they they are a die. You made them look like the real thing.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! Kaz. Love the colours and that you started out on black card and always love your old rusty findings . x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx