Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Journal panel...

 Hello friends

I hope you are all good!

Today I wanted to share with you a journal panel Ive been working on...
As much as I like to journal...for me, 
I find it easier to create on a panel then add it in to my journal later. 
I think its because  it allows me to sew into it, add extra layers and if I really like it and am feeling brave, I can then frame it.
I started by using a sheet of Ranger card stock ( perfect for journalling!)
I then layered some vintage text using matte medium.
I then added a layer of gesso then distressed the page using distress ink and paint. 
I then built up layers using brush marks in black paint, some text stamping in archival ink and some Idea-ology washi tape.
I then added lots of stitching, some fern leaves, buttons, a vintage key and to finish a framed photo ( both from Idea-ology)
As always feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate you popping by!

Oh and if you didn't see my last post, I will share with you that Im super excited to share with you that I will be a teacher on Wanderlust 2018
to find out all about it and to save money with an early bird price  click the link below

thanks again for passing by 
will be back soon 

Kaz
x

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous panel Kaz, I adore your layering and background and markings. Fantastic news about Wanderlust, congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing panel ... background is intriguing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your journal page! I love making them separate as well and adding them later. I think that always makes the end result less wrinkly and bumpy. Beautiful!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page Kaz and like you I like to make panels and add to journals. How wonderful to see you on Wanderlust, have fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaz, your vintage work is just gorgeous! Love this journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally love your journal page Kaz and the amazing details/textures you have incorporated x Huge congrats on being a teacher on Wanderlust ...you will be amazing xx

    Sending best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, that is stunning! Congrats on joining the Wanderlust team.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx