Friday, 20 October 2017

Leaf journalling....

Hello friends

Hope you are all good
I cannot believe that its nearly November....this year is flying by!

I do really love this time of year, so many different shades of colour!
I'm a collector of just stuff, anything from, junk, books, photos or mother natures gifts...
I was inspired to have a go at journalling onto a leaf....I wasn't sure if it would work but I'm really happy with how it turned out!
I layered some old text onto the leaf using matt-medium, this helps preserve the leaf too!
I then added some stencilling, some stamping and photo from Tim Holtz Idea-ology ephemera pack and a cute frame (prima) 
I then carefully stitched into the leaf with my sewing machine and added some acorn shells, some vintage lace  to finish it off...the leaf was then backed onto some black card and cut into shape. 
This was really fun to create, it combined all the things I love...
Feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate each and everyone!
have yourselves a lovely weekend 
Kaz
x

15 comments:

  1. Kaz this blows my mind!! I am completely head over heels for this gorgeous piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I wish I had big leaves like this so I could try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Kaz, I adore that little frame. Have a lovely weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Kaz! What a beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ... this is so cool Kaz, so much "personality" !

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a wow project, absolutely stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea! TFS Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a amazing piece! I really am loving the stitching on your leaf... crazy that it didn't rip! This is so unusual and gorgeous! I love it!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning ! Wish we had leaves like that up here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing idea Kaz and you executed it so wonderfully well, who would have thought you could journal onto a leaf! Fabulous work! Wow! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful leaf Kaz x I am blown away that there is stitching on it too. I was collecting acorn shells and I love the way you have used them here.
    TFS and hugs
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so impressed it worked...love love love .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so impressed it worked...love love love .

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fantastic! I am in awe of your creativity, I love the idea of using fall’s bounty as a base for your art, this is an amazing piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx